Upcoming Cycle Question Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Buffalo2Sky

New

Upcoming Cycle Question

Post by Buffalo2Sky » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:50 pm

Hey Everyone I have a question regarding this upcoming cycle.

I will have my entire application materials 99% completed by September 1st, however, the only thing I wont have is my LSAT score (Im taking the late September one this year) as the scores wont be posted until around the end of October

Should I send in all my materials early anyway (whenever the application cycle for each school opens) and just send my LSAT scores later on when when I receive them? Will not having my scores right when they review my application hurt my chances?

I've heard different opinions on this but I was wondering what TLS forums thought.

Thank You

ScottRiqui

Gold

Re: Upcoming Cycle Question

Post by ScottRiqui » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:07 pm

If you already had an LSAT score, and were just retaking in the hopes of scoring higher, I'd say go ahead and submit; you'd still have a "complete" package for the adcomms to look at. But with no LSAT score at all, I don't think the schools will even really consider your application yet, so you might as well wait until you have a score before applying.

malleus discentium

Silver

Re: Upcoming Cycle Question

Post by malleus discentium » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:11 pm

As ScottRiqui says, they won't look at your application at all without a score. But the more important question is how you think you know where you're applying before you have your score.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”