Application timeline for someone spending 4 1/2 years in und Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
AveryTolar

New

Application timeline for someone spending 4 1/2 years in und

Post by AveryTolar » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:35 am

Hi all,

I'm sure this has been asked before but what does the application timeline look like for someone graduating in 4 1/2 years, as opposed to the traditional four. I'm entering into my junior year at a public school in Texas and must admit that I had a little too much fun my freshman year and only ended up with 20 credits, but have recovered nicely and currently hold a 3.58 GPA, and plan to increase that to fit more into the window of my target schools (Baylor, Texas, and Houston). Right now my expected graduation date is December 2016. Any help would be appreciated, thanks and happy to be a part of the forums.

ScottRiqui

Gold

Re: Application timeline for someone spending 4 1/2 years in und

Post by ScottRiqui » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:46 am

Welcome!

Really, "the timeline is the timeline", regardless of when you're going to finish undergrad, or how long it took you. If you want to start law school in the Fall of 2017, then you'll need to get your applications in during your final semester of undergrad. You could wait until after you graduate to actually get the applications in, but later is rarely better. Get your LSAT out of the way whenever, and aim for having your applications ready to go by October of 2016.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”