June LSAT Score for Fall 2014 Admission Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
EricaHollann

New

June LSAT Score for Fall 2014 Admission

Post by EricaHollann » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:43 pm

Hi there.

I have never posted on a forum before, so forgive me if I'm breaking some sort of rule…

I received my LSAT score today, not as high as I would have liked, but I'm hoping it will be okay for at least a couple of the schools to which I applied. So my numbers end up as GPA 3.08 and LSAT 160. I applied by the application deadlines for schools and have applied to part-time programs only. The kicker is that I'm hoping to be accepted for Fall 2014 as a very late applicant.

I get that the decision is totally up in the air at this point, but do you think I have a shot for Fall? There doesn't seem to be much talk of people hoping to get in with June LSAT scores; I know it's ridiculously late to apply, but I also see so many schools that accept the June LSAT score.

The schools that I applied to are: Marquette, DePaul, Loyola-Chicago, Chicago Kent IIT, Lewis and Clark, San Diego, George Mason, Suffolk, New York Law, U Maryland, Fordham, Rutgers-Camden, Catholic, John Marshall Chicago, Brooklyn, and Cardozo Yeshiva.

Can anyone speak from personal experience or knows someone who's been admitted for fall with June LSAT scores?

Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated!

Yea All Right

Silver

Re: June LSAT Score for Fall 2014 Admission

Post by Yea All Right » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:06 pm

I'm sure you can get into schools for Fall 2014 with a June LSAT score, but people on TLS will tell you that such schools would not be worth attending. If you have retakes left, you should postpone law school for another year and try to get your LSAT as high as possible.

banjo

Silver

Re: June LSAT Score for Fall 2014 Admission

Post by banjo » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:13 pm

Retake for a 170 or better. Not worth attending any of those schools.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”