decision makers Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jmjm

Bronze

decision makers

Post by jmjm » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:41 am

Which t14s have law professors reading the applications, making decisions and which don't? How many people typically read an application?

Do schools require a longer CV in addition to a brief resume? (the applications are not open yet on lsac.org.)

Dr.Zer0

Silver

Re: decision makers

Post by Dr.Zer0 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:55 am

Yale and Berkeley (if you make it to faculty review) come to mind.

wealtheow

Silver

Re: decision makers

Post by wealtheow » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:50 am

I was also under the impression that faculty do some reading at Penn, but I could be wrong. (someone please correct me if so)

Check individual schools' websites for preferences on additional materials and resumes. I think one page is the professional-standard for resumes, but most law schools don't seem to care too much one way or the other. I don't think any of them require a longer CV, although on the individual applications you have to fill out "activities etc" pages. Yale is the only school I can think of that actively discourages anything longer than a page (in fact I'd go as far as to say that it would hurt your app to submit anything longer), and I seem to recall that a few others stipulated that 3+ pages would be pushing it unless you had a ton of publications or something.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”