Should I Write an Addendum?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Dream_weaver32

Silver

Re: Should I Write an Addendum?

Postby Dream_weaver32 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:46 pm

Deleted
Last edited by Dream_weaver32 on Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Platinum

Postby 03152016 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:48 pm

Dream_weaver32 wrote:Curious as to what everyone here thinks. My LSAC GPA is a 3.4, but am trying to decide if an Addendum is reasonable or would just be useless information to adcomm. I had 34 credit hours before graduating from high school with a GPA around 3.1. Had a 4.0 this last semester, would my transcript speak for itself or should I make mention of it. I plan on applying to t14 schools but took the LSAT for the first time in June.

Is there a good reason for the low initial GPA? It would be one thing if you were in the hospital with a broken back, another if you partied too hard and didn't bother completing assignments.

Dream_weaver32

Silver

Postby Dream_weaver32 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:09 pm

Brut wrote:
Dream_weaver32 wrote:Curious as to what everyone here thinks. My LSAC GPA is a 3.4, but am trying to decide if an Addendum is reasonable or would just be useless information to adcomm. I had 34 credit hours before graduating from high school with a GPA around 3.1. Had a 4.0 this last semester, would my transcript speak for itself or should I make mention of it. I plan on applying to t14 schools but took the LSAT for the first time in June.

Is there a good reason for the low initial GPA? It would be one thing if you were in the hospital with a broken back, another if you partied too hard and didn't bother completing assignments.

The reason the GPA is low is because I was a cocky high school kid that bit off more than I could chew. Basically gave up my senior year of high school to be on a college campus taking as many credits as I was allowed. Treated the classes like high school classes and didn't do as well as I would have liked. Really would focus on my maturity level and how those classes forced me to grow up.

Funny thing is I did break my back but not until this last year, when I had my best grades.

Platinum

Postby 03152016 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:28 pm

Dream_weaver32 wrote:
Brut wrote:

The reason the GPA is low is because I was a cocky high school kid that bit off more than I could chew. Basically gave up my senior year of high school to be on a college campus taking as many credits as I was allowed. Treated the classes like high school classes and didn't do as well as I would have liked. Really would focus on my maturity level and how those classes forced me to grow up.

Funny thing is I did break my back but not until this last year, when I had my best grades.

Idk, that doesn't sound like a great reason honestly. They'll see the upward grade trend, so they'll already know you changed your habits and started taking school more seriously. Also, you wouldn't want to draw even more attention to the poor grades or sound like you're making excuses. I think it's unnecessary.

Dream_weaver32

Silver

Postby Dream_weaver32 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:44 pm

[/quote]
Idk, that doesn't sound like a great reason honestly. They'll see the upward grade trend, so they'll already know you changed your habits and started taking school more seriously. Also, you wouldn't want to draw even more attention to the poor grades or sound like you're making excuses. I think it's unnecessary.[/quote]

I agree, I just wanted a second opinion. Thanks for your post.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�