Considerations. Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
sockittome

New

Considerations.

Post by sockittome » Wed May 14, 2014 3:09 pm

Good afternoon,

It was suggested to me by a colleague that this website has a wide information base as it pertains to law school. I'm eager to follow up on his advice and see what is known here.
Here's my story: I'm currently an executive at a fortune 500 company. I am over 30 years old and make a fairly substantial amount of money. The top execs maintain that a J.D. Degree is necessary to rise to a position of their stature. I therefore want to ask what would be the best part-time program for me to enroll in? (I want to get it done quickly, and easily). I want to learn what is necessary for me to learn to acquire said position, but I'm frankly more interested in expediting the entire process. I'm taking the LSAT in June and will probably do just fine and I graduated with a 3.6 GPA from BC.

Let me know. Thanks.

Gucci Mane

Bronze

Re: Considerations.

Post by Gucci Mane » Wed May 14, 2014 3:29 pm

look into Northwestern's accelerated JD program.. its not part-time but its only 2 years, plus your age and work experience will be a significant advantage in applying there. I have no idea why a JD would be preferable to an MBA for an executive position though.

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Wed May 14, 2014 9:52 pm

well

GULC is the best school with a part time program

haus

Gold

Post by haus » Wed May 14, 2014 10:00 pm

Do you plan on continuing in your present position while pursuing a JD?

If so, does your job require you to be in a particular location? Can you avoid travel enough to meet attendance requirements?

thevuch

Silver

Post by thevuch » Wed May 14, 2014 10:04 pm

Are there any other schools worth attending that offer a part time program besides Georgetown?

haus

Gold

Post by haus » Wed May 14, 2014 10:06 pm

thevuch wrote:Are there any other schools worth attending that offer a part time program besides Georgetown?
It depends on what your goals/expectations are, but for many I would say yes.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”