When is there the most movement off the waitlist? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Baby_Got_Feuerbach

Silver

When is there the most movement off the waitlist?

Post by Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:47 pm

Waitlisted at three schools; one surprising because people with similar, if not worse numbers were admitted; two surprising because my numbers are only at or slightly above the median (LSAT) and far below the 25th (GPA).

When can we, the waitlisted, expect the most movement? Is it in late April / early May after the first deposit deadline(s)? Mid summer (June and July) or August - just weeks or days before classes?

I'd like to know when to start looking for housing at the school which I'm going to (temporarily, at least) commit to attending.

Jchance

Silver

Re: When is there the most movement off the waitlist?

Post by Jchance » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:29 pm

After first deposit deadline, then after second deposit deadline, then early-mid august

Baby_Got_Feuerbach

Silver

Post by Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:54 pm

Jchance wrote:After first deposit deadline, then after second deposit deadline, then early-mid august
So within a few days or a week after the deposit deadlines?

withoutapaddle

Bronze

Post by withoutapaddle » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:09 pm

After first deposit deadline, then after second deposit deadline, then early-mid august
How would you have time to get an apartment- Get to campus - Get federal aid- If accepted in August

Attax

Gold

Post by Attax » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:41 pm

withoutapaddle wrote:
How would you have time to get an apartment- Get to campus - Get federal aid- If accepted in August
It happens. I have one friend in particular who was at Baylor's orientation when he got the call that he got off of UT's waitlist. It can happen that late.

To OP: I think it depends on if you are a borderline candidate or YP. I was clearly YP WL'ed at some schools and have already gotten off of the waitlist at one with a 1/2 tuition scholarship. It'll happen.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Jchance

Silver

Post by Jchance » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:14 pm

withoutapaddle wrote:
Most (if not all) of August acceptances are for locals (aka people from that area) so they can start immediately by staying with their family.

withoutapaddle

Bronze

Post by withoutapaddle » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:48 pm

It happens. I have one friend in particular who was at Baylor's orientation when he got the call that he got off of UT's waitlist. It can happen that late.
Imaging your friend running out of the orientation haha

Mack.Hambleton

Platinum

Post by Mack.Hambleton » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:36 am

Attax wrote:
withoutapaddle wrote:

To OP: I think it depends on if you are a borderline candidate or YP. I was clearly YP WL'ed at some schools and have already gotten off of the waitlist at one with a 1/2 tuition scholarship. It'll happen.
talk about dodging a bullet

phillywc

Gold

Post by phillywc » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:49 pm

james.bungles wrote:
Attax wrote:
withoutapaddle wrote:

talk about dodging a bullet
Seriously...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”