WUSTL Grad Prospects in New York

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
theycallmefoes

WUSTL Grad Prospects in New York

Postby theycallmefoes » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:35 pm

How doable is this, especially for public interest? What will I need to do to land a decent public interest job in NYC? Should I try to spend my 1L and/or 2L summers working in NYC instead of STL? Or will public interest work in STL and decent grades be enough?

thevuch

Re: WUSTL Grad Prospects in New York

Postby thevuch » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:27 pm

i talked to a wustl 3L who was top 5% of his class and he was going to work for cravath. i know its not PI but

goldeneye

Postby goldeneye » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:37 pm

Your question would have a better chance in the WUSTL recent grad forum.

I think anyone trying to get to nyc from wustl must be realistic about their chances. They aren't great but it is doable.

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:40 pm

theycallmefoes wrote:How doable is this, especially for public interest? What will I need to do to land a decent public interest job in NYC? Should I try to spend my 1L and/or 2L summers working in NYC instead of STL? Or will public interest work in STL and decent grades be enough?

What kind of PI work? With the caveat that I don't know very much about WUSTL's statistics, I would say you absolutely should try to spend your summers in NYC if you want to work there. Good relevant experience elsewhere is still good experience, but any time you can meet people and make connections in your chosen market, you should do it. (Second caveat is that if you already have strong ties/connections to NYC public interest jobs, it may be less necessary to work there during law school, but I still think it would be a good idea.)

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”