Pass / Fail and the T6 Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jkhalfa

Bronze

Pass / Fail and the T6

Post by jkhalfa » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:09 pm

How do you guys think the T6 look at pass / fail courses? Should we take as few as possible? Try to limit them to a certain number? Only do it for gen eds or lower level classes?

I think I read somewhere that Harvard looks down upon courses not taken for a letter grade, and some of the other T6 schools might care as well. So far I've only taken one course P/F, but if it's fine to do 2 or 3 I'd like to max that out and save time/stress worrying about my GPA.

Pneumonia

Gold

Re: Pass / Fail and the T6

Post by Pneumonia » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:13 pm

GPA is the priority, and most of these schools don't care about P/F anyway. If anyone does it's the adcoms at Yale/Stanford, but even there they'd prefer you have a high GPA rather than no P/F. Don't worry about it.

Mal Reynolds

Diamond

Post by Mal Reynolds » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:13 pm

They don't care.

t-14orbust

Gold

Post by t-14orbust » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:13 pm

jkhalfa wrote:How do you guys think the T6 look at pass / fail courses? Should we take as few as possible? Try to limit them to a certain number? Only do it for gen eds or lower level classes?

I think I read somewhere that Harvard looks down upon courses not taken for a letter grade, and some of the other T6 schools might care as well. So far I've only taken one course P/F, but if it's fine to do 2 or 3 I'd like to max that out and save time/stress worrying about my GPA.
I did two. Got HCCN, though my GPA is >75th everywhere

manillabay

Bronze

Post by manillabay » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:14 pm

t-14orbust wrote:
jkhalfa wrote:How do you guys think the T6 look at pass / fail courses? Should we take as few as possible? Try to limit them to a certain number? Only do it for gen eds or lower level classes?

Why is your only statistic in your profile that you're not an unrepresented minority?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Pneumonia

Gold

Post by Pneumonia » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:15 pm

3 for me, GPA is 3.5 ish (<25th everywhere); got the same schools.

t-14orbust

Gold

Post by t-14orbust » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:16 pm

manillabay wrote:
t-14orbust wrote:

Why is your only statistic in your profile that you're not an unrepresented minority?
lol because it's not very identifying except for when I post in the URM thread? I really don't know. If you want details I can PM you

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”