Still waiting but deposits due soon Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
lwschool2014

New

Still waiting but deposits due soon

Post by lwschool2014 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:24 pm

So I applied everywhere in early January and have heard back from a few, but am still waiting on the more prestigious schools that I applied to

So far I'm in at Minnesota, washu, and Iowa

I'm waiting on Vanderbilt Georgetown Cornell Virginia ucla and Texas

With the 1st deposit date coming up on April 1st I'm really concerned. Either A) I'll be forced it out deposits down while I'm still waiting to hear back from other schools or B) I'll be forced to choose a law school with almost no time to consider. If I hear back from all 6 before April 1st I'll have almost no time to decide.

Needless to say- I'm freaking the fuck out about this. Should I start asking the 6 that I'm waiting on if they know I still exist?

haus

Gold

Re: Still waiting but deposits due soon

Post by haus » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:41 pm

You should ask this in the Spivey thread, their viewpoint might be interesting.

cron1834

Gold

Post by cron1834 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:30 am

If you swap different school names in/out of the OP, I'm in a similar boat. A couple of the schools I'm in at have deposit deadlines on the later side, which is nice. For the others, I may ask for an extension, I suppose ...

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:14 am

The thing is, can't you do your research about the schools and your potential offers so you have a pretty good idea of where you want to go without even having heard from them? Even regarding scholarships - you should have some notion of what kind of offer will make a school worth it to you (full ride only, 50% or more off, less than 50% off, sticker - which is acceptable to you?). If you evaluate them all now, according to your priorities, you should be prepared to make a decision fairly quickly once you hear back.

It's also possible to ask the schools where you've already been accepted whether you can get an extension on the seat deposit. I can't guarantee all schools allow that, but I did it successfully, so at least some will go for it.

JazzieShizzle

Bronze

Post by JazzieShizzle » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:38 pm

Great advice. In regards to:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:The thing is, can't you do your research about the schools and your potential offers so you have a pretty good idea of where you want to go without even having heard from them? Even regarding scholarships - you should have some notion of what kind of offer will make a school worth it to you (full ride only, 50% or more off, less than 50% off, sticker - which is acceptable to you?). If you evaluate them all now, according to your priorities, you should be prepared to make a decision fairly quickly once you hear back.
go to http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com and look up the schools you're waiting to hear from to see if other people with your numbers got in and how much scholarship money they were offered.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”