Anyone have experience driving to Harvard ASW? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Pancakes12

Bronze

Anyone have experience driving to Harvard ASW?

Post by Pancakes12 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:53 pm

They suggest not driving, but I only live 4 hours away and it would be cheaper and simpler logistically for me. I planned on finding a hotel in boston and taking public transit to the law school. Anyone with experience see any issues with this plan?

patogordo

Gold

Re: Anyone have experience driving to Harvard ASW?

Post by patogordo » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:53 pm

Pancakes12 wrote:They suggest not driving, but I only live 4 hours away and it would be cheaper and simpler logistically for me. I planned on finding a hotel in boston and taking public transit to the law school. Anyone with experience see any issues with this plan?
everyone will smell the scent of gasoline on your clothes and judge you accordingly, but sure, go for it.

ph14

Gold

Post by ph14 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:54 pm

Pancakes12 wrote:They suggest not driving, but I only live 4 hours away and it would be cheaper and simpler logistically for me. I planned on finding a hotel in boston and taking public transit to the law school. Anyone with experience see any issues with this plan?
They probably meant not trying to drive to campus on the day of ASW, given that there isn't a lot of parking. Not driving up there in the first place.

Pancakes12

Bronze

Post by Pancakes12 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:56 pm

patogordo wrote:
everyone will smell the scent of gasoline on your clothes and judge you accordingly, but sure, go for it.
I was especially worried about this. Didn't want to give off the blue-collar vibe, ya know?

Pancakes12

Bronze

Post by Pancakes12 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:58 pm

ph14 wrote:
They probably meant not trying to drive to campus on the day of ASW, given that there isn't a lot of parking. Not driving up there in the first place.
Ah ok. When they strongly encouraged using public transit I thought they meant using it to get to Boston. Thanks.

Any idea what parking will run me in boston?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ph14

Gold

Post by ph14 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:00 pm

Pancakes12 wrote:
ph14 wrote:
Ah ok. When they strongly encouraged using public transit I thought they meant using it to get to Boston. Thanks.

Here you go.

Pancakes12

Bronze

Post by Pancakes12 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:02 pm

ph14 wrote:
Pancakes12 wrote:
ph14 wrote:

Here you go.
Considered you probably attended the Harvard ASW I thought you'd know if hotels usually provided parking with the room, but thanks.

NoDayButToday

Silver

Post by NoDayButToday » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:22 pm

Last edited by NoDayButToday on Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chneyo

Bronze

Post by chneyo » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:02 pm

Last edited by chneyo on Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

jingosaur

Gold

Post by jingosaur » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:53 pm

chneyo wrote:Mega-Bus! Haha. Yeah, I ride the bus. TO HARVARD LAW. Eat it.
+1

haus

Gold

Post by haus » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:16 pm

Parking in general appears to be a pain. On the handful of times I was traveling up to Harvard (purposes other than law school) by car, I would stay at Homewood Suites by Hilton Cambridge-Arlington, as parking was free and I had a ton of Hilton points from travel from work.

This will be too far away to walk, but it you can take a taxi either to campus or the shorter trip to the Alewife station and ride the T in (I have walked the trip a few times from the station to the hotel, as long as you are not rushed for time or carrying a heavy load, it is doable).

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”