LOR form: completed both by an applicant and recommender? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
CorpusChristi

New

LOR form: completed both by an applicant and recommender?

Post by CorpusChristi » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:47 pm

Hi,

I have a rather unusual question ( I couldn't find it anywhere, so if it's a copy of an already existing topic, please pardon me ).
I graduated from a University of London, yet I come from Poland. Both of my professors have completed my recommendations and now they're willing to upload them via LSAC service. Nevertheless, as I'm back in Warsaw, Poland and they are in London, I'm not entirely sure about the LOR forms. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the forms have two sections: one to be filled by an applicant and the other by the recommender. Still, as I'm nowhere near by them, how should I actually do that? I know that the LSAC let's you send the form to the recommender by the email, but this would be blank and eventually filled only by the recommender and not by me.
Yes, I'm aware that I could download the form myself, sign my section and then send the LOR form by postal service, but this would take some time and I do not want to burden my recommenders with additional weeks of hassle.
Again, I could book a flight and meet them so we can do that at their place immediately, but you know... A matter of days/weeks again, plus expenses.
Is there any way we could handle this like the rest of the application process, i.e. via email? Should I scan my LOR form signed by me and send it via email so they can print it out and sign the form themselves? I'm pretty sure that I read something from LSAC being against doing any scans...
The thing is, I'm still rather new to the whole process ( gosh, it's so much easier and less time-consuming in the UK :P ), so I'd very much appreciate your help.

Best regards

Optimist Prime

Bronze

Re: LOR form: completed both by an applicant and recommender?

Post by Optimist Prime » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:35 am

-
Last edited by Optimist Prime on Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CorpusChristi

New

Re: LOR form: completed both by an applicant and recommender?

Post by CorpusChristi » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:26 am

Optimist Prime wrote:Flying there yourself vs. mailing it and having it take several weeks seems a bit extreme, don't you guys have express mail across the pond? :D

Seriously though, just print it, sign whatever you need to, scan it, and email it to your prof for them to print out. Faxing the form is allowed by LSAC and there is literally no difference/no way of knowing if you scanned it and emailed vs. faxed it.

If it makes you feel any better, I signed something for LSAC, took a photo of it on my iphone, and emailed them the photo and they processed it no problem.
Thank you for your kind answer. I guess I'll stick to scanning/mailing it.

Nah, we've got it obviously, nevertheless, in the past 2 months I flew back and forth 2 times, so understand how I feel about booking a flight one more time... I'd kill myself, haha.:P As to the postal service, I guess it'd take around 2-3 days, but still one of my recommenders, who happens to be a Professor in Internatioanal Environmental Law, has very little time as she's literally like twice a week in Japan/Australia/New Zealand, lecturing and sitting in various International Commissions, so I do not want to piss her off. She's already way too kind to give me an ultra-positive reference!:P

Thanks again!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”