To go or no to go

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ravel

Bronze

To go or no to go

Postby ravel » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:50 pm

-
Last edited by ravel on Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nova

Platinum

Re: To go or no to go

Postby Nova » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:54 pm

Deposit. Retake in June. Decide in July whether to attend or sit out.

ManoftheHour

Gold

Postby ManoftheHour » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:56 pm

Deposit, then sign up for June and retake. If successful, then fuck that school and go to HYS next year. If not and you get a 120, then go to that school. Also, if you decide to retake and get a higher score to justify another cycle, you can also retake again in October (assuming you have one left).

Edited: Scooped.

Nova

Platinum

Postby Nova » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:59 pm

ManoftheHour wrote:Deposit, then sign up for June and retake. If successful, then fuck that school and go to HYS next year. If not and you get a 120, then go to that school. Also, if you decide to retake and get a higher score to justify another cycle, you can also retake again in October (assuming you have one left).

Edited: Scooped.

clearly tcr

Nova

Platinum

Postby Nova » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:00 pm

ravel wrote:EDIT: I can just make a deposit and see how I do in June. I have saved up quite a bit. I was hoping to travel. The reason I am asking this question is that I need to figure out whether I should blow several thousand dollars on a tutor for a couple months to see if I can break my plateau or just let it go. Also, if I wind up deciding to wait, I could look into even later LSAT dates too.

One last thing: The last two times I wrote the LSAT, I had a lot going on around the same time, so I never had a few months entirely free to commit to studying.

don't blow several thousands on a tutor. that's a waste. Just do noodley's or lsat trainer or something.

dabigchina

Gold

Postby dabigchina » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:22 am

Nova wrote:
ravel wrote:EDIT: I can just make a deposit and see how I do in June. I have saved up quite a bit. I was hoping to travel. The reason I am asking this question is that I need to figure out whether I should blow several thousand dollars on a tutor for a couple months to see if I can break my plateau or just let it go. Also, if I wind up deciding to wait, I could look into even later LSAT dates too.

One last thing: The last two times I wrote the LSAT, I had a lot going on around the same time, so I never had a few months entirely free to commit to studying.

don't blow several thousands on a tutor. that's a waste. Just do noodley's or lsat trainer or something.

or just take a shitload of practice exams.

also who is your avatar Nova. She draws my eye every time. Like a hotter Olivia Munn.

Nova

Platinum

Postby Nova » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:21 am

Aubrey Plaza

jk148706

Gold

Postby jk148706 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:03 am

Tcr = retake

yossarian

Silver

Postby yossarian » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:10 am

dabigchina wrote:
Nova wrote:

or just take a shitload of practice exams.

This advice is good but incomplete. Practice tests are a great tool. But, you can improve your score much more efficiently if you take the time to learn the test. Great threads on this site to do that. Learn Logic Games. Learn the language of logic for Logical Reasoning (you may already be familiar if you've taken a logic course). Learn the types of questions in each section. While doing this take maybe a full practice exam a week. After that, carbo-load on tests, tests, test.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Postby CanadianWolf » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:12 am

Deposit & retake. Seems that depositing may help reduce your anxieties while prepping for your third LSAT sitting.

It would be interesting to know the T-10 law schools which waitlisted you as well as your acceptance & rejection.

Optimist Prime

Bronze

Postby Optimist Prime » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:27 am

-

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�