When is the right time to Negotiate scholarships? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
CaveCanem

New

When is the right time to Negotiate scholarships?

Post by CaveCanem » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:42 pm

I am right in the thick of my responses from law schools. Applying mostly to NYC metro area. I've been accepted to Cardozo, Brooklyn, Seton Hall, UCONN, and SJU, most with significant merit $. I'm still waiting to hear from Fordham, BC, William & Mary, BU, and Cornell. With the latter group being possible wait lists/ denials i am getting antsy and want to start negotiating the first group against each other. If i am wait listed there's no telling when i'll find out, and it will be difficult to make a decision and submit a deposit by April. Should i wait to see if i get into one of the better schools to have a stronger negotiation position or should i start the NYC schools against each other?

yossarian

Silver

Re: When is the right time to Negotiate scholarships?

Post by yossarian » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:49 pm

Tag in.

CaveCanem

New

Post by CaveCanem » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:10 pm

yossarian71 wrote:Tag in.
Begin?

ManoftheHour

Gold

Post by ManoftheHour » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:15 pm

I'd probably do it as soon as you have some other offers.

yossarian

Silver

Post by yossarian » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:17 pm

CaveCanem wrote:
Begin?
No. Sorry. I was attaching my name to the thread so it comes up in my post history so I can easily navigate to it and read responses. In other words, I'm interested in this as well.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

CaveCanem

New

Post by CaveCanem » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:20 pm

yossarian71 wrote:
CaveCanem wrote:
Begin?
No. Sorry. I was attaching my name to the thread so it comes up in my post history so I can easily navigate to it and read responses. In other words, I'm interested in this as well.
Got it. TLS noob here. Do you have an idea of the typical time b/w initial negotiation emails and responses? i can't imagine they would take more than 2 weeks to respond but if they drag their feet in consideration for a month or so, i have to get on it ASAP.

yossarian

Silver

Post by yossarian » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:21 pm

CaveCanem wrote: Got it. TLS noob here. Do you have an idea of the typical time b/w initial negotiation emails and responses? i can't imagine they would take more than 2 weeks to respond but if they drag their feet in consideration for a month or so, i have to get on it ASAP.
I have some experience with this from an earlier cycle. I received an initial response in 2 business days and a new offer within 5 business days. This is my only experience and I have no idea (though I guess I doubt) whether this is typical.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”