Taking More Classes for Fun, Update Schools? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
karmaman

Bronze

Taking More Classes for Fun, Update Schools?

Post by karmaman » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:11 pm

So I'm taking an Arabic class at nights, possibly thinking of getting a minor in arabic, and I was wondering if i should update schools to this fact or if I should just leave it because it doesn't make a difference? I'm in 2nd committee read for USC, which is my top choice so wondering if this could be an additional boost? Thanks for the help guys!

txdude45

Silver

Re: Taking More Classes for Fun, Update Schools?

Post by txdude45 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:40 pm

karmaman wrote:So I'm taking an Arabic class at nights, possibly thinking of getting a minor in arabic, and I was wondering if i should update schools to this fact or if I should just leave it because it doesn't make a difference? I'm in 2nd committee read for USC, which is my top choice so wondering if this could be an additional boost? Thanks for the help guys!
Unless you have new grades for this class that will affect your LSAC GPA, or you just want to mention it as an aside for a legitimate update, do not email this to them. It doesn't really tell them anything and won't do you any good.

ph14

Gold

Post by ph14 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:57 pm

txdude45 wrote:
karmaman wrote:So I'm taking an Arabic class at nights, possibly thinking of getting a minor in arabic, and I was wondering if i should update schools to this fact or if I should just leave it because it doesn't make a difference? I'm in 2nd committee read for USC, which is my top choice so wondering if this could be an additional boost? Thanks for the help guys!
Unless you have new grades for this class that will affect your LSAC GPA, or you just want to mention it as an aside for a legitimate update, do not email this to them. It doesn't really tell them anything and won't do you any good.
I agree, unless there is something that you are not telling us about the significance of this class.

karmaman

Bronze

Post by karmaman » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:48 pm

not really, I can speak arabic, but can't read and write, so figured could be an advantage with maybe some international firm further down the road if I could read and write, but it seems that it wouldn't be a general advantage or push?

txdude45

Silver

Post by txdude45 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:53 am

karmaman wrote:not really, I can speak arabic, but can't read and write, so figured could be an advantage with maybe some international firm further down the road if I could read and write, but it seems that it wouldn't be a general advantage or push?
Its good in that, if it doesn't negatively affect your grades, being able to read/write arabic is lightyears better than being able to just speak it. No advantage though.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”