LSAC files carrying over to next cycle

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
js123

LSAC files carrying over to next cycle

Postby js123 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:37 pm

So after much consideration I've decided to retake the LSAT and apply for next cycle (2015-16). I know it lists an expiration date five years from now, but I am wondering if I will have to pay any more fees (CAS or any other) if i apply next cycle instead? Not that this will affect my decision at all, I am just curious. Also, did anyone in this similar position change anything in the application other than resume for the next cycle? Thanks in advance.

BLUERUFiO

Re: LSAC files carrying over to next cycle

Postby BLUERUFiO » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:41 pm

Good luck! Curious, what was your last LSAT? What is your current goal? Sorry, I have no answers for you.

malleus discentium

Postby malleus discentium » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:35 am

No.

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:37 am

You won't have any additional fee's (excluding LSAT registration obviously), and your transcripts and LORs will carry over.

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:51 am

Also, congrats on a responsible decision.

paully

Postby paully » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:58 pm

Welcome to the club, man :-)

You don't have to worry about anything other than the LSAT registration fee as someone just mentioned.

Do you have any other plans or goals during your gap year? I only ask because I have no clue what I'll be doing other than study for the June lsat and perfect my applications.

js123

Postby js123 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:35 pm

BLUERUFiO wrote:Good luck! Curious, what was your last LSAT? What is your current goal? Sorry, I have no answers for you.

Took it in December and got a 161. I was pretty unsatisfied, but feel I didn't approach it right or devote enough proper studying time. I'm a bit impatient so I went for it in February again with the hope that I could kill it and apply for this cycle even if it was late. After much TLS scrolling and personal thought I decided this was not a good idea. Still anxiously awaiting the February results though.

As far as my goals, I am trying to break 170 and go to a regional T1.
Last edited by js123 on Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

js123

Postby js123 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:38 pm

paully wrote:Welcome to the club, man :-)

You don't have to worry about anything other than the LSAT registration fee as someone just mentioned.

Do you have any other plans or goals during your gap year? I only ask because I have no clue what I'll be doing other than study for the June lsat and perfect my applications.

Right now I'm working at a law firm (basic clerical and administrative stuff but its a foot in the door so whatever) and I'm debating whether to retake June or push it to the September LSAT. Felt pretty good about my application in general, but may use the extra time to look at my PS and maybe work on it more. I don't know if I'm gonna stay at the law firm during my gap year just because I would like something with more hours and higher pay honestly. What are your plans?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”