Why X Essay?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
megmc

Why X Essay?

Postby megmc » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:25 am

Hey guys, do you think it would be a little desperate/premature to send in a why USC essay when my app is still under review? I didn't send one initially, but it is my top choice and I would really want to go there. Have already went on a visit, sat it on a classroom, sent follow up emails, not sure if it would be overkill or if it would be ok to get my message across..Median LSAT, less than 25% GPA, mixed-URM. Thanks for the help guys

Otunga

Re: Why X Essay?

Postby Otunga » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:44 am

megmc wrote:Hey guys, do you think it would be a little desperate/premature to send in a why USC essay when my app is still under review? I didn't send one initially, but it is my top choice and I would really want to go there. Have already went on a visit, sat it on a classroom, sent follow up emails, not sure if it would be overkill or if it would be ok to get my message across..Median LSAT, less than 25% GPA, mixed-URM. Thanks for the help guys

I've submitted a Why X to another school months after submitting the application (and without a decision). It probably depends on the school but I'd say USC would be cool with you sending one in. If you have good reasons to attend and you can further convince them about it, go for it.

megmc

Postby megmc » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:17 pm

bump, anyone?

sphillycheese

Postby sphillycheese » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:40 pm

I have called numerous T-14's to see if they would still accpet a Why X Essay (I submitted 5 weeks ago and am under review or complete at all of them). Every school said they would accept the essay.

Might be worth a try to write one and send it in!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”