Safety School Etiquette Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
cron1834

Gold

Safety School Etiquette

Post by cron1834 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:51 pm

I've been admitted to my safeties, while I await word from some T14s. What's the credited response for replying to emails and phone calls from safeties? One of them has emailed me a couple of times now, the second of which requests that I set up some sort of phone conference to get early guidance from career services.

Is it socially acceptable just to blow them off/ignore them? Or should I send them a note back that says, "UR awesome, but I got lots going on right now and am too busy to meet, k thanks"? I don't want to be rude or ungrateful, but I also don't really want to be phone conferencing with schools I wouldn't attend unless everyone else rejects me, I get a full ride, etc. :?

thevuch

Silver

Re: Safety School Etiquette

Post by thevuch » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:07 pm

i would at least respond and say what you have written in the OP. ive never heard of a law school rescinding an offer but they did accept you. they obviously would like for you to come to school there. an email saying thanks so much im really busy ill be in touch soon takes like 1 min and would probably be better than just not saying anything at all

cron1834

Gold

Post by cron1834 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:58 pm

That's my inkling as well. TY.

xmking07

New

Post by xmking07 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:07 pm

I would say give polite responses, perhaps acknowledge what they say and how you appreciate the correspondence and so on. You've done your job by selling yourself in your app for them. Now they know it's their time to sell themselves on you, which is what they're trying to do. Expect emails/calls from alumni, students, admissions, profs, etc. until you withdraw/matriculate.

cron1834

Gold

Post by cron1834 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:12 pm

xmking07 wrote:I would say give polite responses, perhaps acknowledge what they say and how you appreciate the correspondence and so on. You've done your job by selling yourself in your app for them. Now they know it's their time to sell themselves on you, which is what they're trying to do. Expect emails/calls from alumni, students, admissions, profs, etc. until you withdraw/matriculate.
TY. At least in the cellphone era, I can screen calls based on area codes :D

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”