Law School Application Question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
laballermvp9

Law School Application Question

Postby laballermvp9 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:05 am

Some schools ask you to include your name and lsac account number on the personal statement. However, I did not discover this until after I sent in my law school apps. I was wondering if these schools will penalize me somewhat for not including this information? My name is on my application anyways so I don't know why some schools request this. Any feedback will be appreciated.

ws81086n

Re: Law School Application Question

Postby ws81086n » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:40 am

Probably one of those things that ultimately won't hurt you. Will annoy them, perhaps, but I can't see it being decisive in any way. Someone else would probably know better than me, however.

ScottRiqui

Postby ScottRiqui » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:51 am

laballermvp9 wrote: My name is on my application anyways so I don't know why some schools request this.

I imagine that at some schools at least, the application and supporting addenda are printed out so they can be passed around, evaluated, commented on, etc. With your name and LSAC number on each piece of correspondence, if something gets separated it can be put back with the correct application.

malleus discentium

Postby malleus discentium » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:07 am

ScottRiqui wrote:
laballermvp9 wrote: My name is on my application anyways so I don't know why some schools request this.

I imagine that at some schools at least, the application and supporting addenda are printed out so they can be passed around, evaluated, commented on, etc. With your name and LSAC number on each piece of correspondence, if something gets separated it can be put back with the correct application.

This is why it matters. They're not going to penalize you in any way for not doing it.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”