Too late to submit an Addendum? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
femmefatale

Bronze

Too late to submit an Addendum?

Post by femmefatale » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:35 am

[deleted]
Last edited by femmefatale on Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ArtistOfManliness

Silver

Re: Too late to submit an Addendum?

Post by ArtistOfManliness » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:37 am

If the reason for your grade swing is medical/legit personal, sure under normal circumstances. If the reason is just growing up/getting used to college, etc. no one wants to hear it or care, it will just be assumed.

However, since you didn't submit it initially, i would only submit it now if it was a legit medical thing.

mes10d

Bronze

Post by mes10d » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:40 am

I think GPA Addenda are stereotypically used to explain a GPA drop during a semester or year; essentially, to explain a downward trend. The upward trend is nothing to explain; so many people have terrible freshman years and have a much more successful GPA the rest of their time at school. Law schools generally do take note of an upward trend, so that's definitely good thing.

Your GPA transferred when you switch schools? That's surprising. I started with a clean slate when I transferred schools. But all in all, they'll see your cumulative GPA first, then review the transcript semester per semester. So they'll already see that the cumulative is higher than your first year, then they'll see your subsequent semesters (which probably also included more difficult coursework, since you would be in your major classes vs. gen Ed classes). I think you're fine without the addendum.

femmefatale

Bronze

Post by femmefatale » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:48 am

ArtistOfManliness wrote:If the reason for your grade swing is medical/legit personal, sure under normal circumstances. If the reason is just growing up/getting used to college, etc. no one wants to hear it or care, it will just be assumed.

However, since you didn't submit it initially, i would only submit it now if it was a legit medical thing.
Thanks for your advice. The reason for my upward trend was just growing up and adjusting to my environment.

femmefatale

Bronze

Post by femmefatale » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:52 am

mes10d wrote:I think GPA Addenda are stereotypically used to explain a GPA drop during a semester or year; essentially, to explain a downward trend. The upward trend is nothing to explain; so many people have terrible freshman years and have a much more successful GPA the rest of their time at school. Law schools generally do take note of an upward trend, so that's definitely good thing.

Your GPA transferred when you switch schools? That's surprising. I started with a clean slate when I transferred schools. But all in all, they'll see your cumulative GPA first, then review the transcript semester per semester. So they'll already see that the cumulative is higher than your first year, then they'll see your subsequent semesters (which probably also included more difficult coursework, since you would be in your major classes vs. gen Ed classes). I think you're fine without the addendum.
[deleted]

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”