Status Checker? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Quest4Knowledge

Bronze

Status Checker?

Post by Quest4Knowledge » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:52 am

Is there a reason I NEED to be looking at my status checkers?

Basically, is there any information that I get from the status checkers that I wouldn't via e-mail, mail, or phone (ie. interview requests, acceptances, denials, missing documents)? I'm assuming you would get information a bit quicker via status checker, but would I ever miss anything completely if I didn't use them?

Also, I'm just curious - is there a reason why these status checkers aren't consolidated? Seems like they all use the same system, feel like it wouldn't be too difficult for LSAC to compile it all.

Balthy

Silver

Re: Status Checker?

Post by Balthy » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:02 am

Sometimes you'll just be completion pending, complete, under review, etc. for too damn long, and seeing that on the SC may prompt you to look into it. It is also useful even if they e-mail you about a problem, because after sending them the required materials/explanations, you can keep an eye on the SC and see if the issue was resolved without bugging them with unnecessary calls/e-mails.

You should keep in mind though that different status checkers are different, even the ones using the same system. So before worrying about lack of movement look into what the standard announcements are for that school's SC.

Quest4Knowledge

Bronze

Post by Quest4Knowledge » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:53 am

Thanks!

I figure I'll check them occasionally, but just wanted to make sure it wasn't something that I needed to do on a daily basis.

Balthy

Silver

Post by Balthy » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:00 pm

Quest4Knowledge wrote:Thanks!

I figure I'll check them occasionally, but just wanted to make sure it wasn't something that I needed to do on a daily basis.
I used to think i'll just check them all once a week just to make sure there are no problems. Now i check them about five times an hour, once with each Xanax pill. Gl:)

phillywc

Gold

Post by phillywc » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:29 pm

Balthy wrote:

I used to think i'll just check them all once a week just to make sure there are no problems. Now i check them about five times an hour, once with each Xanax pill. Gl:)
Wow, that's it? Impressive.

Kanye West

Bronze

Post by Kanye West » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:38 pm

phillywc wrote:
Balthy wrote:

Wow, that's it? Impressive.
I bought a laptop per status checker that refreshes the browser every minute. Also, upgraded my data plan to the fastest possible in my area, so that when each laptop takes an auto-screenshot, the email/MMS is sent to my intern as fast as possible. His job is to check each screenshot for changes and message me with updates. So, I don't fret.

Each laptop is on a battery-backed up UPS, but ya'll already figured that.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”