Emergency Application help!!! Please answer! Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
yafosho

New

Emergency Application help!!! Please answer!

Post by yafosho » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:28 pm

I have been planning on applying to Cornell, USC, UCLA and U of Chicago among other schools for a long time now and have had all the application information filled out on LSAC for a while but just today I noticed that on in my transcript section it hadn't been processed yet because I somehow didn't fill in the last question in a series of questions before officially processing it. Because I was told by someone that law schools get the transcripts from my school directly themselves as opposed to through LSAC I hadn't realized the significance of this. I'm now thinking that because my transcript hasn't been processed yet, I won't be able to apply to these schools before their deadlines of feb 1st. Is this the case? Will I be blocked from applying to these schools if my transcript hasn't been processed on LSAC yet?

BigZuck

Diamond

Re: Emergency Application help!!! Please answer!

Post by BigZuck » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:39 pm

Email the schools and ask?

SFrost

Bronze

Post by SFrost » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:08 pm

Curious why you're applying right at the deadline?

Calling their admissions departments is the best thing in this situation.

yafosho

New

Post by yafosho » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:34 pm

SFrost wrote:Curious why you're applying right at the deadline?
I've been trying to get as much time as possible to perfect my Personal Statement.

yafosho

New

Post by yafosho » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:38 pm

UCLA said they'll wait. Thanks.

malleus discentium

Silver

Post by malleus discentium » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:14 am

yafosho wrote:I have been planning on applying to Cornell, USC, UCLA and U of Chicago among other schools for a long time now and have had all the application information filled out on LSAC for a while but just today I noticed that on in my transcript section it hadn't been processed yet because I somehow didn't fill in the last question in a series of questions before officially processing it. Because I was told by someone that law schools get the transcripts from my school directly themselves as opposed to through LSAC I hadn't realized the significance of this. I'm now thinking that because my transcript hasn't been processed yet, I won't be able to apply to these schools before their deadlines of feb 1st. Is this the case? Will I be blocked from applying to these schools if my transcript hasn't been processed on LSAC yet?
I trust you're actively examining any other information this person told you for inaccuracies because this person is either outright lying or grossly incompetent. Anyone who knows anything about applying to law schools (including you) should have known this.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”