Explain to me what it means for your app to be complete

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
BillsFan9907

Explain to me what it means for your app to be complete

Postby BillsFan9907 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:49 am

I applied to a school yesterday. According to LSAC, the requested and were sent my report. LSAC lists my application as "completed." The schools online checking service lists my application as "application received."

Is my application considered complete?

Nova

Re: Explain to me what it means for your app to be complete

Postby Nova » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:55 am

Yes

Relax

BillsFan9907

Postby BillsFan9907 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:12 am

Gotcha. What threw me off was that the school says it takes 2-3 weeks to go complete. I'm assuming they haven't updated since LSAC switched to digitally sending reports.

malleus discentium

Postby malleus discentium » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:06 pm

No. It means it's complete on the LSAC's end; namely that they've sent all their stuff. The school itself still has to verify and collect all the relevant materials. When that happens your status checker will tell you.

Progress01

Postby Progress01 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:57 am

Seoulless wrote:I applied to a school yesterday. According to LSAC, the requested and were sent my report. LSAC lists my application as "completed." The schools online checking service lists my application as "application received."

Is my application considered complete?

Yes. This basically means "we have all your stuff, and now we're going to take the next couple months waxing poetically on if we want you or not."
No seriously, every school does it a little differently. But if the school is missing anything, they will usually let you know. If you don't hear anything or see any updates--I would look for when it goes "in review"--in a few weeks, call and make sure. :D

Nova

Postby Nova » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:15 am

malleus discentium wrote:No. It means it's complete on the LSAC's end; namely that they've sent all their stuff. The school itself still has to verify and collect all the relevant materials. When that happens your status checker will tell you.

Yeah this.

Complete for lsac
pending for the schools

SPerez

Postby SPerez » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:01 pm

malleus discentium wrote:No. It means it's complete on the LSAC's end; namely that they've sent all their stuff. The school itself still has to verify and collect all the relevant materials. When that happens your status checker will tell you.

TITCR

For example, our deadline was Feb. 15. My staff has spent all week going through all the submissions, and many applicants were moved from "Application Received" (which literally means that, we've just received it...like an unopened letter in a mailbox) to "Incomplete" because they didn't submit all the required items.

Dean Perez
Texas Tech School of Law

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”