St. Johns Full Scholarship or American WCL with nothing?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Gooner91

Re: St. Johns Full Scholarship or American WCL with nothing?

Postby Gooner91 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:11 pm

Bane75 wrote:If we're talking statistics here it's also important to note that because 10% of graduates at X school get
"Big Law" jobs, that doesn't necessarily mean that the 10% comprised of the 90th-100th percentile of the class. There are factors other than grades that can get students jobs. That's a fact. While realizing that at a poor school like SJU (which once again is the worst school i applied to) one must excel to get a good job, i think you are oversimplifying just a bit. *waiting for the shit-storm that comment causes*

Maybe some come from connections? Do you have any connections that are going to hire you?
If not than your chances of finding a job are even lower. Good point!

Bane75

Postby Bane75 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:19 pm

I'm not in an online chat room to discuss who i know in the legal field. This is a d*** measuring competition i refuse to enter. Thanks for acknowledging my point. (PS Than vs then)

Gooner91

Postby Gooner91 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:24 pm

Bane75 wrote:I'm not in an online chat room to discuss who i know in the legal field. This is a d*** measuring competition i refuse to enter. Thanks for acknowledging my point. (PS Than vs then)

Have fun a St. Johns!

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:27 pm

Seriously, you support everyone who says something positive, and critique everyone who says something bad. Either ask for advice, or don't, but don't handle it like an asshole when you get some.

Bane75

Postby Bane75 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:29 pm

Should be a good time man. Thanks Gooner

Gooner91

Postby Gooner91 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:32 pm

Bane75 wrote:With all the extra free time i'll have in four years i can do some grammar tutoring & get you up to par with your tier 1 counter parts.

T-14 bro.

Bane75

Postby Bane75 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:34 pm

Gooner91 wrote:
Bane75 wrote:With all the extra free time i'll have in four years i can do some grammar tutoring & get you up to par with your tier 1 counter parts.

T-14 bro.

I applied to one. Lets hope i get in! *fingers & toes crossed!!* Maybe you can show me around campus!

notalobbyist

Postby notalobbyist » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:22 am

You can have my answer now, if you like. My final offer is this: nothing. Not even the fee for the [application], which I would appreciate if you would put up personally.

TheSpanishMain

Postby TheSpanishMain » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:38 am

Clearly wrote: don't handle it like an asshole when you get some.

Seriously. People are sincerely trying to help you. I know it's not what you want to hear, but it would be a disservice not to advise you to retake.

CaveCanem

Postby CaveCanem » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:45 am

Seems like people are genuinely upset this guy is thinking about going to St. Johns. Sure it's an awful school with awful job statistics, but on a full-ride even with COL i don't think it's the worst situation. Thousands of law students will be coming out of school with 200k to pay back. Just my $.02

ChuggaChuggaChooChoo

Postby ChuggaChuggaChooChoo » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:26 am

Clearly wrote:Seriously, you support everyone who says something positive, and critique everyone who says something bad. Either ask for advice, or don't, but don't handle it like an asshole when you get some.

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:35 am

CaveCanem wrote:Seems like people are genuinely upset this guy is thinking about going to St. Johns. Sure it's an awful school with awful job statistics, but on a full-ride even with COL i don't think it's the worst situation. Thousands of law students will be coming out of school with 200k to pay back. Just my $.02

I feel like there's an LSAT LR question buried in this logic

Just because other people make worse decisions doesn't make a bad decision an ok one.

CaveCanem

Postby CaveCanem » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:43 am

BigZuck wrote:
CaveCanem wrote:Seems like people are genuinely upset this guy is thinking about going to St. Johns. Sure it's an awful school with awful job statistics, but on a full-ride even with COL i don't think it's the worst situation. Thousands of law students will be coming out of school with 200k to pay back. Just my $.02

I feel like there's an LSAT LR question buried in this logic

Just because other people make worse decisions doesn't make a bad decision an ok one.

Haha LR. No it doesn't make it a particularly smart decision. Certainly not statistically likely to produce great yields. But law schools in general are bad decisions. Many T14 schools struggle placing graduates in Big Law. OP asked which decision was better. Think it's inherent that they're both bad choices.

cach22

Postby cach22 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:54 am

OP what was your GPA, are you URM?

WaltGrace83

Postby WaltGrace83 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:23 am

This thread got resurrected? C'mon TLS! :lol:

OP, obviously nothing is going to persuade you and that's okay because its your future not ours. If you are happy about the decision, more power to you. I just hope you remember this moment when you are looking for jobs (not intended to be judgmental, just stating something). Good luck.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”