Recommender thank-you gift

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Chrysogonus

Recommender thank-you gift

Postby Chrysogonus » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:25 am

So,

Got my recommendations and have been accepted to several schools already. Really thankful to the ones who ended up getting me a rec (particularly since 2-3 others bailed on me). You guys think a small gift as thank-you is appropriate? Have any thoughts about what would be ok?

Ambi-Turner

Re: Recommender thank-you gift

Postby Ambi-Turner » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:36 am

Chrysogonus wrote:So,

Got my recommendations and have been accepted to several schools already. Really thankful to the ones who ended up getting me a rec (particularly since 2-3 others bailed on me). You guys think a small gift as thank-you is appropriate? Have any thoughts about what would be ok?

I sent mine thank you notes with a Starbucks card, and they both were really appreciative. I think it's a nice gesture. I was thinking about getting them something more personal, but appropriateness can be hard to gauge, so in the end I chose the safe route. Also, if you think they will be good to network with in the future, you should definitely send them a thank you note.

Marshmallow

Postby Marshmallow » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:41 am

I think I'm going to wait until I have committed to one school, and then send a thank-you and mug or something from that school. seems safe, and I think others on TLS have mentioned doing this :)

politics89

Postby politics89 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:47 am

Marshmallow wrote:I think I'm going to wait until I have committed to one school, and then send a thank-you and mug or something from that school. seems safe, and I think others on TLS have mentioned doing this :)

This is an awesome idea, I might have to steal that.

bombaysippin

Postby bombaysippin » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:03 pm

politics89 wrote:
Marshmallow wrote:I think I'm going to wait until I have committed to one school, and then send a thank-you and mug or something from that school. seems safe, and I think others on TLS have mentioned doing this :)

This is an awesome idea, I might have to steal that.

Chrysogonus

Postby Chrysogonus » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:24 pm

Great answer and idea. Thanks for the feedback.

Nonconsecutive

Postby Nonconsecutive » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:50 pm

I think this is a good idea, I was planning on doing something similar for at least one of my writers. I also sent simple thank you cards in the mail to them after my (or rather LSAC's) receipt of the LOR, but I also wasn't around campus anymore, so I couldn't thank them in person.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”