How do I send more letters after I've already submitted app?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Daedalus

How do I send more letters after I've already submitted app?

Postby Daedalus » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:58 pm

Hi all,

I've submitted my application to several schools already, but I want to send an additional letter via LSAC. I assigned the letter under "Credentials" on the LSAC website, but I don't know if it has actually updated my submitted application. Is that it, or are there additional steps involved?

Thanks!

Durkheim

Re: How do I send more letters after I've already submitted app?

Postby Durkheim » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:18 am

How many letters have you already sent?

Daedalus

Postby Daedalus » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:43 am

Durkheim wrote:How many letters have you already sent?

Just one--I applied to some schools that only required one to get those applications out ASAP.

Durkheim

Postby Durkheim » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:01 am

Daedalus wrote:
Durkheim wrote:How many letters have you already sent?

Just one--I applied to some schools that only required one to get those applications out ASAP.

Okay. You don't mention the circumstances underlying the new letter, whether the timing was unavoidable or piss-poor planning. Frankly, I don't know if a law school would even care if it's the latter.

Guess I'd try my luck with LSAC first. See if they can bulk send that new letter to the schools. Maybe it was a surprise that they actually sent it to you. If LSAC won't help, contact the schools and ask if you can have the writer send that additional letter. But then you have ask the writer to send the additional letter....

Sorry Daedalus, best I've got. I figured something was better than nothing.

Daedalus

Postby Daedalus » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:08 pm

Thanks for the info, but it looks like I've been able to solve the problem. You can send additional letters via LSAC even after you've submitted your application. Just to go "Assign" under "Credentials" and add whichever letters you wish.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”