Cold Called by University of Oklahoma Law

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Kevinlomax

Cold Called by University of Oklahoma Law

Postby Kevinlomax » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:30 pm

I got a call this morning from a Texas number and I was thinking it could have been an acceptance from one of the three schools I applied to in Texas..I answer the call and it goes something like this...

Me:Hello?
Adcom: Is this Kevinlomax?
Me: yes...
Adcom: Hi this is Jennnifer with the admissions committee (yes!!! im in), of U of Oklahoma law school.
Me: WTF!?!?
Adcom: yes, I am calling to find out if you had any questions about law school or the admissions process at all?
Me: UHHHH? WHAT...How did you get my number?
Adcom: yes well this is the recruiting office of the law school and we are calling to see if you would be interested...
Me: I lived in Oklahoma for a year and have no interest going back there...sorry....thank you for the call though
*Click*

I have received spam emails... but calling my phone in the middle of the day and trying to pawn off as "giving advice on the admissions school process" wtf...

Winston1984

Re: Cold Called by University of Oklahoma Law

Postby Winston1984 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:35 pm

I think most of us have gotten similar calls, not sure why you are freaking out about it. Just say you aren't interested, and that's that.

phireblast

Postby phireblast » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:01 am

Might be a slight overreaction here.

KingJamesLBJ

Postby KingJamesLBJ » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:21 am

Cool story bro....

Kevinlomax

Postby Kevinlomax » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:56 am

After seeing Wolf of Wall Street I just expected a better sales pitch is all. I think they need some sales lessons from Jordan Belfort.

You should always be closing... never take no for an answer....etc.

I mean I should be judging them on their unemployed, since they have so few. She also should have lied and told me she was the Dean of the Law School not some random adcomm assistant.

encore1101

Postby encore1101 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:11 am

Kevinlomax wrote:After seeing Wolf of Wall Street I just expected a better sales pitch is all. I think they need some sales lessons from Jordan Belfort.

I mean I should be judging them on their unemployed, since they have so few. She also should have lied and told me she was the Dean of the Law School not some random adcomm assistant.

You're just another box to check off as "Called." Don't get too full of yourself.

edit: In a few years, assuming everything goes well, you're going to become a lawyer and have clients. I hope the day comes that one of those clients says to you "Can't you just do <this completely BS legal procedure>? I saw it in Legally Blonde/Big Daddy/My Cousin Vinnie" and you remember this post you made so many years ago.

cron1834

Postby cron1834 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:21 am

Kevinlomax wrote:After seeing Wolf of Wall Street I just expected a better sales pitch is all. I think they need some sales lessons from Jordan Belfort.

:roll:

Kevinlomax

Postby Kevinlomax » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:32 am

it was a joke people....

albeit not a very funny one i gather
Last edited by Kevinlomax on Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nonconsecutive

Postby Nonconsecutive » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:32 am

encore1101 wrote:You're just another box to check off as "Called." Don't get too full of yourself.

Kevinlomax

Postby Kevinlomax » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:33 am

Nonconsecutive wrote:
encore1101 wrote:You're just another box to check off as "Called." Don't get too full of yourself.

yes, i know i was simply making a joke

Magical Trevor

Postby Magical Trevor » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:27 am

Nonconsecutive wrote:

ManoftheHour

Postby ManoftheHour » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:31 am

Magical Trevor wrote:
Nonconsecutive wrote:

vicpin5190

Post removed.

Postby vicpin5190 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:19 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by vicpin5190 on Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

midwest17

Postby midwest17 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:38 pm

encore1101 wrote:

You're just another box to check off as "Called." Don't get too full of yourself.

edit: In a few years, assuming everything goes well, you're going to become a lawyer and have clients. I hope the day comes that one of those clients says to you "Can't you just do <this completely BS legal procedure>? I saw it in Legally Blonde/Big Daddy/My Cousin Vinnie" and you remember this post you made so many years ago.

:D

ManoftheHour

Postby ManoftheHour » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:23 pm

This is TTT reasoning, dawg.

Kevinlomax

Postby Kevinlomax » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:44 pm

I think you are all just jealous that jennifer called me instead of all you. She probably googled my name and location, found my facebook and used "admissions" as an excuse to call me.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”