C and F _ failure to appear

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
brianbiship

C and F _ failure to appear

Postby brianbiship » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:54 am

IF you have received a Failure to Appear warrant that was paid immediately for not re-appearing in court after you paid a speeding ticket ..does this have to be disclosed?

The reason I am asking because the Failure to Appear was a result of a traffic ticket and most schools dont make you disclose misdemeanor traffic violations.

Also if the consensus is that it must be reported...My applications are already submitted with one acceptance. Would an email to the adcomms suffice? with the attached addendum?

Any risk of the acceptance being revoked because of this?

Ludo!

Re: C and F _ failure to appear

Postby Ludo! » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:14 am

brianbiship wrote:IF you have received a Failure to Appear warrant that was paid immediately for not re-appearing in court after you paid a speeding ticket ..does this have to be disclosed?

The reason I am asking because the Failure to Appear was a result of a traffic ticket and most schools dont make you disclose misdemeanor traffic violations.

Also if the consensus is that it must be reported...My applications are already submitted with one acceptance. Would an email to the adcomms suffice? with the attached addendum?

Any risk of the acceptance being revoked because of this?

I would probably disclose because this very thing actually came up on my C&F. But it's not a big deal at all, nobody is going to rescind any acceptances. so better safe than sorry. quick email is fine

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”