LORs question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
SBTC

LORs question

Postby SBTC » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:31 pm

1. Is it frowned upon to e-mail requests?
2. How much is it frowned upon?
Last edited by SBTC on Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

SBTC

Re: LORs question

Postby SBTC » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:54 pm

"el bumpo"

KingJamesLBJ

Postby KingJamesLBJ » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:09 pm

wealtheow

Postby wealtheow » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:11 pm

When you say mail that first time, do you mean e-mail? Because I would definitely not send an old-timey letter via pony.
And I also wouldn't just bust into office hours. It's not awkward in and of itself for a grad to pop into a prof's office hours, especially if he/she liked you quite a bit, but office hours are technically for current students, so you don't want to impose. It also could be very awkward if the answer is no.
I personally wouldn't attach anything (resume, etc.) yet. I'd wait for the affirmative.

Kimikho

Postby Kimikho » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:33 pm

wealtheow wrote:When you say mail that first time, do you mean e-mail? Because I would definitely not send an old-timey letter via pony.
And I also wouldn't just bust into office hours. It's not awkward in and of itself for a grad to pop into a prof's office hours, especially if he/she liked you quite a bit, but office hours are technically for current students, so you don't want to impose. It also could be very awkward if the answer is no.
I personally wouldn't attach anything (resume, etc.) yet. I'd wait for the affirmative.

I attached everything for mine, to make it as easy as possible for the writer, but I was also fairly confident all of mine would accept. Then, I asked if I could stop by office hours to discuss it.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”