Applied with potential Feb LSAT, already accepted Question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
1L2014U

Applied with potential Feb LSAT, already accepted Question

Postby 1L2014U » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:24 am

So I applied to a handful of schools with a December LSAT score and indicated that I'll be taking the February LSAT.

I got into some of my reach schools already with my December LSAT Score and I've decided not to take the February LSAT.
Would I have to notify the Law School or do I edit my LSAC application..?

I already sent out all of my LSAC applications so I'm not sure what to do right now.

Lightworks

Re: Applied with potential Feb LSAT, already accepted Question

Postby Lightworks » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:43 pm

If you're happy with the schools you already got into, I don't think you need to bother. They didn't accept you based on what they hoped you would get on the Feb test.

If you aren't interested in the schools that haven't given a decision yet, you should just withdraw your application.

1L2014U

Postby 1L2014U » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:28 pm

thanks for your response Lightworks.
I remember seeing a bit on LSAC saying that if there's a change in your application you should notify the respective schools immediately. I wasn't sure if deciding against taking an upcoming LSAT was part of that rule or not

goldeneye

Postby goldeneye » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:53 pm

Please retake the LSAT.

Nucky

Postby Nucky » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:18 pm

1L2014U wrote:So I applied to a handful of schools with a December LSAT score and indicated that I'll be taking the February LSAT.

I got into some of my reach schools already with my December LSAT Score and I've decided not to take the February LSAT.
Would I have to notify the Law School or do I edit my LSAC application..?

I already sent out all of my LSAC applications so I'm not sure what to do right now.

Even if you're happy with your acceptances so far I would retake anyhow so you can potentially increase your scholarship offers.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”