Advice on 2nd transcript update

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
patfeeney

Advice on 2nd transcript update

Postby patfeeney » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:44 am

At the end of the Fall semester I submitted my updated transcript to the LSAC. My GPA for the Fall created a .04-point boost in my cumulative, from 3.54-3.58. The schools notified me that they had received the transcript last week.

I just received an email from a Professor. He says the B I saw on my final grades was supposed to be an A-, which kicks my GPA for the semester from a 3.81 to a 3.94. I did the calculations, and my cumulative should be sitting at a little higher than a 3.6 right now.

It's not a huge increase, but it might look good for the schools I'm applying to (Columbia, NYU, Penn, Yale, Cornell). At the same time, since I just sent transcript updates, and since I've already moved to UR for most of my applications, I'm not sure if the small boost will matter enough.

How should I approach this?

EDIT: When I wrote this I for some reason decided not to use my real numbers.
Last edited by patfeeney on Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

midwest17

Re: Advice on 2nd transcript update

Postby midwest17 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:10 am

The fake numbers make it impossible to say whether this is an important increase, since what matters is whether you crossed any of the 25/50/75 boundaries.

That said, there's no reason not to submit another transcript, assuming you're following the proper procedure (submit it to LSAC, have them send updates to the schools). Unless your school charges you to send transcripts, but even then it's probably a small enough fee to make it still worth it.

ltrego

Postby ltrego » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:53 am

Do it. It can't hurt, and it might help. And it will take you literally 5-10 minutes to request the transcript.

patfeeney

Postby patfeeney » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:08 am

I edited the post above. It seems it doesn't put me into any new level so far as percentiles go. For the five schools I listed, I'm still clearly in the 266th-49th. However, that little extra boost towards median might help, I guess?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”