Reconsider with Feb retake? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Nucky

Silver

Reconsider with Feb retake?

Post by Nucky » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:40 pm

I've been denied from a school that is one of my top targets. But I am retaking in Feb. So my question is whether a school that denied you would reconsider your app with a higher score, or whether you'd have to re-apply and/or wait for the next cycle?

Any help in clearing this up would be appreciated. Thanks!

dempsey6

New

Re: Reconsider with Feb retake?

Post by dempsey6 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:47 pm

I bet others may know more than me. But I think it depends from school to school. Last year I retook in Feb but had already been rejected from some T14s. I tried emailing them to take a look at it again, and they said no.

I'd imagine tho if you absolutely crushed it some would be willing to look at it, especially if you get 165+ and the school is in the second or third tier.

Lightworks

Bronze

Post by Lightworks » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:16 pm

If you were waitlisted, it can help. But if you were already rejected, I am fairly certain that you will need to wait until next cycle to re-apply.

EDIT: I'm sure there are some TTT exceptions (what wouldn't Cooley do?).
Last edited by Lightworks on Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nucky

Silver

Post by Nucky » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:19 pm

Lightworks wrote:If you were waitlisted, it can help. But if you were already rejected, you will need to wait until next cycle to re-apply.
Well that's a bummer... I suppose it couldn't help to send them an email afterwards and see what they say anyway. But at least now I will know not to expect much.

Thanks for the responses.

Nucky

Silver

Post by Nucky » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:15 pm

Lightworks wrote:If you were waitlisted, it can help. But if you were already rejected, I am fairly certain that you will need to wait until next cycle to re-apply.

EDIT: I'm sure there are some TTT exceptions (what wouldn't Cooley do?).
I actually just had a T25 and T40 say they'd re-review after Feb LSAT. Waiting to hear from two others. I suppose it is on a case-by-case basis.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Lightworks

Bronze

Post by Lightworks » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:30 pm

Well, I stand corrected. Good luck with that. I wonder if this kind of thing is a recent policy change, what with the decline in apps and all that. I guess it makes sense for schools to allow this; they can report the Feb. LSAT score like they would any other. Still, I doubt any T14 schools are going to play ball.

Nucky

Silver

Post by Nucky » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:05 pm

Lightworks wrote:Well, I stand corrected. Good luck with that. I wonder if this kind of thing is a recent policy change, what with the decline in apps and all that. I guess it makes sense for schools to allow this; they can report the Feb. LSAT score like they would any other. Still, I doubt any T14 schools are going to play ball.
Apps are still pending at all T14s but one, and I haven't heard back from them yet. But yeah, I agree. With the decline in apps I don't think it could hurt them. If I hit 170 why would they want to miss out on that in this environment? Stubbornness?

Just thought I would share the good news in the hope it benefits someone in my situation. Now the hard part, raising my score! :lol:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”