C&F Question High School

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
craigdowney

C&F Question High School

Postby craigdowney » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:47 pm

In the C&F section for some of the schools that I will be applying to, they say they want any suspension, expulsion, or disciplinary action disclosed from any school, including high school. I got suspended a few times in high school, but never for academic dishonesty or similar offenses. It was for being in fights and truancy. Will disclosing this hurt my chances of being admitted or the amount of scholarship I would get? My gpa is hovering at about the 75th and my lsat is a point or two above most medians. So far, I've only disclosed it to one school out west.

kershka

Re: C&F Question High School

Postby kershka » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:56 pm

If a law schools requests all disciplinary action from high school, then disclose. It may hurt your or it may not, but if you don't disclose it could prevent you from being admitted to the bar. Truancy and fights don't look good, but write an addendum stating how you've grown as a person since then, and you might be able to mitigate it.

phillywc

Postby phillywc » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:25 pm

I doubt a fight in high school would impact your application in any way.

midwest17

Postby midwest17 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:57 am

phillywc wrote:I doubt a fight in high school would impact your application in any way.

Depends on how many "a few" is. :)

phillywc

Postby phillywc » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:10 am

midwest17 wrote:
phillywc wrote:I doubt a fight in high school would impact your application in any way.

Depends on how many "a few" is. :)

:lol:

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”