Missing Final Grades on my Transcript

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Blankman

Missing Final Grades on my Transcript

Postby Blankman » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:54 pm

I graduated two years ago, but I realized a week ago that the transcript that I have on file with LSAC is outdated and does not include the final three courses that I took during my last semester in undergrad (dumb mistake on my behalf). I received As in all of these courses and my GPA remained at a 4.02, just as it was prior to finishing these courses. Of course, I'm sure the schools I've applied to will want official verification of this claim. To that effect, I have sent a request in to my undergraduate university to send an updated copy of my transcript in to LSAC as soon as possible. Will the fact that these three courses aren't listed on my transcript have any effect upon the application process?

LET'S GET IT

Re: Missing Final Grades on my Transcript

Postby LET'S GET IT » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:49 pm

No. Keep in mind that many people are applying to law school early in their senior year of college. They will consider you based on the LSAC GPA for the courses on the transcript that LSAC has on file now. Just make sure you get the final transcript to the law school of your choosing before class starts and you should be fine.

theycallmefoes

Postby theycallmefoes » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:52 pm

LET'S GET IT wrote:No. Keep in mind that many people are applying to law school early in their senior year of college. They will consider you based on the LSAC GPA for the courses on the transcript that LSAC has on file now. Just make sure you get the final transcript to the law school of your choosing before class starts and you should be fine.

I have a similar situation, insofar as LSAC does not have my most recent transcript yet. The LSAC GPA on file is a 3.76, but my current GPA is 3.8. While I know that adcoms look primarily at the GPA on file, will they take note of the higher GPA listed on my resumé as well?

LET'S GET IT

Postby LET'S GET IT » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:15 am

They may take note of the GPA on your resume but they will make their determination by the LSAC GPA. Either way your GPA is really really good and should reflect well on you. 3.76 to a 3.8 isn't much difference anyway but if you feel strongly about it, just have your undergrad institution send an updated transcript to LSAC. Good luck!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”