Need Access + FAFSA

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
iamgeorgebush

Need Access + FAFSA

Postby iamgeorgebush » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:05 am

I'd like to get the ball rolling on financial aid, but I'm still waiting to hear back from some schools about admissions. Some of these schools use Need Access and FAFSA.

What I'm wondering is: Can I submit my Need Access and FAFSA forms for the schools to which I've already been admitted and then submit them for the other schools later? Or do I need to wait for those other schools?

Also, is there any advantage to submitting my financial aid forms now rather than a month from now? By submitting a month from now, could I potentially miss out on some aid money? Some schools that have admitted me (e.g., Duke) tie their merit and need aid up in one application, so by waiting a month, I worry that I might miss out on a little bit of that merit aid, since there's a finite amount to distribute.

Vincent

Re: Need Access + FAFSA

Postby Vincent » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:32 pm

You can always add schools after you've completed your FAFSA and Need Access. They won't charge you again to do so, either.

iamgeorgebush

Postby iamgeorgebush » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:52 am

Vincent wrote:You can always add schools after you've completed your FAFSA and Need Access. They won't charge you again to do so, either.

Perfect, thanks!

ltrego

Postby ltrego » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:58 am

You might want to check on financial aid deadlines, too. Some are coming up shortly.

blink

Postby blink » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:59 am

ltrego wrote:You might want to check on financial aid deadlines, too. Some are coming up shortly.

:shock: which ones?

ltrego

Postby ltrego » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:59 am

blink wrote:
ltrego wrote:You might want to check on financial aid deadlines, too. Some are coming up shortly.

:shock: which ones?

I only know of a few: Denver is Feb. 15, George Mason is by Mar 1 but prefers to have it ASAP after Jan 1. I'm sure there are more.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”