Fraternities/sororities

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
cotiger
Posts: 1648
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:49 pm

Re: Fraternities/sororities

Postby cotiger » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:56 pm

Nucky wrote:From a guy with 11000+ posts, that's hilarious. You must have a hell of a tan. Eharmony much?


I think someone needs a hug.

C'mere big fella, it's gunna be OK.

User avatar
Nucky
Posts: 770
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:26 pm

Re: Fraternities/sororities

Postby Nucky » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:59 pm

cotiger wrote:
Nucky wrote:From a guy with 11000+ posts, that's hilarious. You must have a hell of a tan. Eharmony much?


I think someone needs a hug.

C'mere big fella, it's gunna be OK.


Hugs are nice. I'll take it. But Rad, Goose, Mal and their 25000 posts are still on the shit list.

User avatar
stef1330
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:33 pm

Re: Fraternities/sororities

Postby stef1330 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:06 pm

cotiger wrote:
stef1330 wrote:
cotiger wrote:
stef1330 wrote:Nucky, bro I feel you.


Everyone else, if you went to a crappy northern undergrad or some place where fraternity brothers wore cargo shorts and played Yugioh, I don't expect you to think that it would give me a boost. However, at any decent college below the mason Dixon, it gives me a boost. I just asked because I wanted to know whether it would give me a boost specifically in the law school application field.

Also, if you call your fraternity a "frat" your probably one of those cargo bros I was talking about. Don't be a jabroni.



AND Please let's talk calmly? Y'all are flippin out on these message boards.


I think adcomms are more likely to have backgrounds like "went to a crappy northern undergrad or some place where fraternity brothers wore cargo shorts" than be like nucky. Check out these bios: https://blogs.law.harvard.edu/admission ... view-team/
Bates College, Hamilton College, and a Studio Arts major. I would bet that most places would be the same. I can't imagine it would be particularly significant one way or though, just that I doubt you're going to get many people in these environments who think it's super cool. That being said, if it's important to you, put it.






Dude. I'm applying to UVA...


Dude. Just put it then. It doesn't matter.

(Hopefully you're applying to other schools too..)


Naw dood go big or go home

User avatar
ManoftheHour
Posts: 3402
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: Fraternities/sororities

Postby ManoftheHour » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:13 pm

lol, who cares? If you don't have anything better to put on your resume, I'd say go for it. If you do, then leave it off and put something else. Either way, it's unlikely to make a difference.

nucky thompson
Posts: 290
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: Fraternities/sororities

Postby nucky thompson » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:39 pm

stef1330 wrote:Nucky, bro I feel you.


Everyone else, if you went to a crappy northern undergrad or some place where fraternity brothers wore cargo shorts and played Yugioh, I don't expect you to think that it would give me a boost. However, at any decent college below the mason Dixon, it gives me a boost. I just asked because I wanted to know whether it would give me a boost specifically in the law school application field.

Also, if you call your fraternity a "frat" your probably one of those cargo bros I was talking about. Don't be a jabroni.



AND Please let's talk calmly? Y'all are flippin out on these message boards.


Along with the animal house-type bros, you and your fellow sweater vest bros make me embarrassed to acknowledge fraternity membership. Those in the former think they are better than other people because they drink a lot and break shit. Those, like you, in the latter think they are better because they wear croakies and boat shoes (and shorts without cargo pockets).

sorry brah, but if you're defined by the clothes you wear and the location of your college, then you're likely too insecure to be a true alpha. once you're forced from your fraternity bubble, no longer benefiting from the social protections afforded by it, you'll realize how much of a beta you truly are. don't inflate the importance of your frat membership.

User avatar
Nucky
Posts: 770
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:26 pm

Re: Fraternities/sororities

Postby Nucky » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:49 pm

nucky thompson wrote:
stef1330 wrote:Nucky, bro I feel you.


Everyone else, if you went to a crappy northern undergrad or some place where fraternity brothers wore cargo shorts and played Yugioh, I don't expect you to think that it would give me a boost. However, at any decent college below the mason Dixon, it gives me a boost. I just asked because I wanted to know whether it would give me a boost specifically in the law school application field.

Also, if you call your fraternity a "frat" your probably one of those cargo bros I was talking about. Don't be a jabroni.



AND Please let's talk calmly? Y'all are flippin out on these message boards.


Along with the animal house-type bros, you and your fellow sweater vest bros make me embarrassed to acknowledge fraternity membership. Those in the former think they are better than other people because they drink a lot and break shit. Those, like you, in the latter think they are better because they wear croakies and boat shoes (and shorts without cargo pockets).

sorry brah, but if you're defined by the clothes you wear and the location of your college, then you're likely too insecure to be a true alpha. once you're forced from your fraternity bubble, no longer benefiting from the social protections afforded by it, you'll realize how much of a beta you truly are. don't inflate the importance of your frat membership.


Wow, you're more full of shit than the before mentioned folks. Sweater-vest?! wtf?! Lmao.

Without addressing all of your nonsense I have to address the following, "if clothes define who you are," line. Please walk into your interviews in boxers and a tank top and repeat that nonsense.

Wearing cargo shorts doesn't make you a bad person. It's just not something you should wear. Kind of like bolo ties, save Phillip Rivers. Or wide lapels
On your suit, etc.

But hey, keep doing you buddy. Sorry fraternities, in your eyes at least, teach their members to dress properly.
Last edited by Nucky on Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mal Reynolds
Posts: 12630
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:16 am

Re: Fraternities/sororities

Postby Mal Reynolds » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:50 pm

Nucky doing his level best to make sure he confirms every negative stereotype held about frats in the span of a few pages.

User avatar
A. Nony Mouse
Posts: 22865
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:51 am

Re: Fraternities/sororities

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:52 pm

Was totally confused by the nucky/Nucky Thompson thing going on here. I'm not even sure who I was talking to anymore.

User avatar
txdude45
Posts: 912
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 6:25 pm

Re: Fraternities/sororities

Postby txdude45 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:55 pm

I was with Nucky a few pages ago, but good lord did this dissolve into a shit show.

rad lulz
Posts: 9844
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: Fraternities/sororities

Postby rad lulz » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:58 pm

m
Last edited by rad lulz on Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Danger Zone
Posts: 7310
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: Fraternities/sororities

Postby Danger Zone » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:02 pm

stef1330 wrote:Also, if you call your fraternity a "frat" your probably one of those cargo bros I was talking about. Don't be a jabroni.

YOU WOULDN'T CALL YOUR COUNTRY A CUNT HARDY HAR HAR

User avatar
Nucky
Posts: 770
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:26 pm

Re: Fraternities/sororities

Postby Nucky » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:03 pm

TLS try-hards doing what they do best... I may be a dick but you guys are pussies and assholes.

Mal Reynolds
Posts: 12630
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:16 am

Re: Fraternities/sororities

Postby Mal Reynolds » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:05 pm

Nucky wrote:TLS try-hards doing what they do best... I may be a dick but you guys are pussies and assholes.


What

User avatar
Danger Zone
Posts: 7310
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: Fraternities/sororities

Postby Danger Zone » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:06 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:
Nucky wrote:TLS try-hards doing what they do best... I may be a dick but you guys are pussies and assholes.


What

It's another frat joke about how dicks fuck pussies and assholes.

User avatar
Nucky
Posts: 770
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:26 pm

Re: Fraternities/sororities

Postby Nucky » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:07 pm

Danger Zone wrote:
Mal Reynolds wrote:
Nucky wrote:TLS try-hards doing what they do best... I may be a dick but you guys are pussies and assholes.


What

It's another frat joke about how dicks fuck pussies and assholes.


It's not a frat joke, it's from Team America, but at least Goose somewhat gets it.

User avatar
Danger Zone
Posts: 7310
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: Fraternities/sororities

Postby Danger Zone » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:09 pm

I just assumed frats stole all their jokes from some popular reference anyway but thanks for validating.

User avatar
Nucky
Posts: 770
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:26 pm

Re: Fraternities/sororities

Postby Nucky » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:10 pm

Danger Zone wrote:I just assumed frats stole all their jokes from some popular reference anyway but thanks for validating.


Seems like you could use a little validation so I am happy to help.

User avatar
Nucky
Posts: 770
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:26 pm

Re: Fraternities/sororities

Postby Nucky » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:11 pm

Jesus, no wonder you guys have thousands of posts. You just stir up shit and voila! I think I doubled my post total in this thread alone.

User avatar
t-14orbust
Posts: 2066
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: Fraternities/sororities

Postby t-14orbust » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:12 pm

Nucky wrote:Jesus, no wonder you guys have thousands of posts. You just stir up shit and voila! I think I doubled my post total in this thread alone.


welcome to TLS

User avatar
Nucky
Posts: 770
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:26 pm

Re: Fraternities/sororities

Postby Nucky » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:21 pm

t-14orbust wrote:
Nucky wrote:Jesus, no wonder you guys have thousands of posts. You just stir up shit and voila! I think I doubled my post total in this thread alone.


welcome to TLS


:lol: am I official now?

User avatar
t-14orbust
Posts: 2066
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: Fraternities/sororities

Postby t-14orbust » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:26 pm

Nucky wrote:
t-14orbust wrote:
Nucky wrote:Jesus, no wonder you guys have thousands of posts. You just stir up shit and voila! I think I doubled my post total in this thread alone.


welcome to TLS


:lol: am I official now?


You participated in an internet fight over something relatively meaningless to LS admissions and largely unhelpful to the OP, so yes :lol:

User avatar
midwest17
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:27 pm

Re: Fraternities/sororities

Postby midwest17 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:32 pm

Image

nucky thompson
Posts: 290
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: Fraternities/sororities

Postby nucky thompson » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:33 pm

Nucky wrote:
nucky thompson wrote:
stef1330 wrote:Nucky, bro I feel you.


Everyone else, if you went to a crappy northern undergrad or some place where fraternity brothers wore cargo shorts and played Yugioh, I don't expect you to think that it would give me a boost. However, at any decent college below the mason Dixon, it gives me a boost. I just asked because I wanted to know whether it would give me a boost specifically in the law school application field.

Also, if you call your fraternity a "frat" your probably one of those cargo bros I was talking about. Don't be a jabroni.



AND Please let's talk calmly? Y'all are flippin out on these message boards.


Along with the animal house-type bros, you and your fellow sweater vest bros make me embarrassed to acknowledge fraternity membership. Those in the former think they are better than other people because they drink a lot and break shit. Those, like you, in the latter think they are better because they wear croakies and boat shoes (and shorts without cargo pockets).

sorry brah, but if you're defined by the clothes you wear and the location of your college, then you're likely too insecure to be a true alpha. once you're forced from your fraternity bubble, no longer benefiting from the social protections afforded by it, you'll realize how much of a beta you truly are. don't inflate the importance of your frat membership.


Wow, you're more full of shit than the before mentioned folks. Sweater-vest?! wtf?! Lmao.

Without addressing all of your nonsense I have to address the following, "if clothes define who you are," line. Please walk into your interviews in boxers and a tank top and repeat that nonsense.

Wearing cargo shorts doesn't make you a bad person. It's just not something you should wear. Kind of like bolo ties, save Phillip Rivers. Or wide lapels
On your suit, etc.

But hey, keep doing you buddy. Sorry fraternities, in your eyes at least, teach their members to dress properly.


You're conflating a few issues here, unnecessarily. I know that the clothing I wear will affect the way others perceive me e.g. interviewers will perceive me differently if I wear boxers vs. if i wear a suit. However, just because other people may perceive me differently because of the clothing I wear does not mean that I must define myself by the clothing I wear.

I will wear a suit to an interview and I will wear it well and I will impress the interviewer. However, I do not comment on the clothing I wear. I do not comment on or judge according to the clothing other people wear. Why? Because I know id have to fucking suck as a person if I felt superior to others based primarily on my clothing / good looks.

You don't get this. You are therefore a very small person. You judge people based on their clothing because it allows you to artificially prop yourself up on a pedestal. If the rule is "people who wear cargos < people who do not wear cargos" then you're allowed to believe that you are better than other people in spite of how small and insufferable you are.

User avatar
stef1330
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:33 pm

Re: Fraternities/sororities

Postby stef1330 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:39 pm

nucky thompson wrote:
Nucky wrote:
nucky thompson wrote:
stef1330 wrote:Nucky, bro I feel you.


Everyone else, if you went to a crappy northern undergrad or some place where fraternity brothers wore cargo shorts and played Yugioh, I don't expect you to think that it would give me a boost. However, at any decent college below the mason Dixon, it gives me a boost. I just asked because I wanted to know whether it would give me a boost specifically in the law school application field.

Also, if you call your fraternity a "frat" your probably one of those cargo bros I was talking about. Don't be a jabroni.



AND Please let's talk calmly? Y'all are flippin out on these message boards.


Along with the animal house-type bros, you and your fellow sweater vest bros make me embarrassed to acknowledge fraternity membership. Those in the former think they are better than other people because they drink a lot and break shit. Those, like you, in the latter think they are better because they wear croakies and boat shoes (and shorts without cargo pockets).

sorry brah, but if you're defined by the clothes you wear and the location of your college, then you're likely too insecure to be a true alpha. once you're forced from your fraternity bubble, no longer benefiting from the social protections afforded by it, you'll realize how much of a beta you truly are. don't inflate the importance of your frat membership.


Wow, you're more full of shit than the before mentioned folks. Sweater-vest?! wtf?! Lmao.

Without addressing all of your nonsense I have to address the following, "if clothes define who you are," line. Please walk into your interviews in boxers and a tank top and repeat that nonsense.

Wearing cargo shorts doesn't make you a bad person. It's just not something you should wear. Kind of like bolo ties, save Phillip Rivers. Or wide lapels
On your suit, etc.

But hey, keep doing you buddy. Sorry fraternities, in your eyes at least, teach their members to dress properly.


You're conflating a few issues here, unnecessarily. I know that the clothing I wear will affect the way others perceive me e.g. interviewers will perceive me differently if I wear boxers vs. if i wear a suit. However, just because other people may perceive me differently because of the clothing I wear does not mean that I must define myself by the clothing I wear.

I will wear a suit to an interview and I will wear it well and I will impress the interviewer. However, I do not comment on the clothing I wear. I do not comment on or judge according to the clothing other people wear. Why? Because I know id have to fucking suck as a person if I felt superior to others based primarily on my clothing / good looks.

You don't get this. You are therefore a very small person. You judge people based on their clothing because it allows you to artificially prop yourself up on a pedestal. If the rule is "people who wear cargos < people who do not wear cargos" then you're allowed to believe that you are better than other people in spite of how small and insufferable you are.






Can everyone PLEASE relax? If I knew there would be blood shed I never would have asked , jeez. I still haven't even gotten a solid answer.

And whoever said that I said cargo pant wearers were less than people was wrong. Stop putting words in my mouth. All I said was that if you came from a school where people who wore cargos were in a fraternity and they called that acceptable, it probably wasn't the type of fraternity that I was referring to in bing influential.

Wearing cargos does not make you any less of a human being.


Jeez you people are crazy. Forget this, I'm gonna go study some logic games

User avatar
Danger Zone
Posts: 7310
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: Fraternities/sororities

Postby Danger Zone » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:44 pm

What frat bros wore cargos? I never saw that. My brethren and I wore only the finest silk spun Brooks Brothers sport coats, salmon trousers, and ascots.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests