Fraternities/sororities

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Nucky

Re: Fraternities/sororities

Postby Nucky » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:50 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:Nucky was born and bred for success and achievement, while the rest of us are total losers. He will find nothing but success at esteemed schools like Penn State Law.

I'm glad you took the liberty of creeping through my posts and criticizing the first school that I got into. Still early for me. That being said, if you had knew my connections(thanks fraternity) and net worth(parents had nothing to do with my business and investment success) you would know I could go to Cooley at full sticker for 30 years and be just fine.

But of course you and your boy Tom Cruise don't know that. Because you're just a couple of petty assholes who spend your days trolling TLS and saw a "fraternities/sororities" post as your opportunity to try and get even with the guys who gave you psychological swirlies throughout your college career.

OP asked a legit question and I'm sure neither he nor anyone else wants to see you grind your axes on TLS.

metroidbum

Postby metroidbum » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:52 pm

Last edited by metroidbum on Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mal Reynolds

Postby Mal Reynolds » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:56 pm

Nucky wrote:
Mal Reynolds wrote:Nucky was born and bred for success and achievement, while the rest of us are total losers. He will find nothing but success at esteemed schools like Penn State Law.
That being said, if you had knew my connections(thanks fraternity) and net worth(parents had nothing to do with my business and investment success) you would know I could go to Cooley at full sticker for 30 years and be just fine.

But of course you and your boy Tom Cruise don't know that. Because you're just a couple of petty assholes who spend your days trolling TLS and saw a "fraternities/sororities" post as your opportunity to try and get even with the guys who gave you psychological swirlies throughout your college career.

Mal Reynolds wrote:Nucky was born and bred for success and achievement.

Danger Zone

Postby Danger Zone » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:57 pm

Nucky wrote:

I'm glad you took the liberty of creeping through my posts and criticizing the first school that I got into. Still early for me. That being said, if you had knew my connections(thanks fraternity) and net worth(parents had nothing to do with my business and investment success) you would know I could go to Cooley at full sticker for 30 years and be just fine.

OP asked a legit question and I'm sure neither he nor anyone else wants to see you grind your axes on TLS.

Had to QFP this for the "net worth" line. Shit had me rolling.

Also I was in a frat, and that's why I can say with some authority that it's not a badge of honor. It's one of fun and immaturity.

nothingtosee

Postby nothingtosee » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:05 pm

I, for one, am glad Nucky is here. Also I'm wondering where the start-up cash came from.

Danger Zone

Postby Danger Zone » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:11 pm

nothingtosee wrote:I, for one, am glad Nucky is here. Also I'm wondering where the start-up cash came from.

This is probably subtle enough that Nuck won't realize you are gold digging.

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:22 pm

Nucky, there's nothing necessarily wrong with being in a fraternity, but it doesn't confer some badge of superiority. You assuming that not being in a fraternity has some significance for a person's social skills is no better than others assuming that people who were in a fraternity are alcoholic Neanderthals. If you keep making your assumption, of course people are going to troll you by trashing frats (and I'm pretty sure you were the one who first suggested that being in a fraternity made someone better).

And for the 17th time, it's not that fraternities are necessarily horrible. It's that there really are people out there who view them negatively. And there are some who view them positively. Like with so many things, it depends on who you're dealing with and what risks you're willing to take for what benefits.

Mal Reynolds

Postby Mal Reynolds » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:30 pm

Nucky wrote:you would know I could go to Cooley at full sticker for 30 years and be just fine.

Let's also examine the reason why someone, with a stated net worth of AT LEAST $5-7.5 million would be going to law school. That seems suspicious.

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:30 pm

m
Last edited by rad lulz on Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:35 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:
Nucky wrote:you would know I could go to Cooley at full sticker for 30 years and be just fine.

Let's also examine the reason why someone, with a stated net worth of AT LEAST $5-7.5 million would be going to law school. That seems suspicious.

i heard you use Microsoft Word to look up synonyms, bro. Did you get the word suspicious from Microsoft Word?

Nucky

Postby Nucky » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:41 pm

Do you guys wear blindfolds when you jerk each other off?

Danger Zone

Postby Danger Zone » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:52 pm

Nucky wrote:Do you guys wear blindfolds when you jerk each other off?

Is that what they made you do as a pledge?

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:53 pm

Danger Zone wrote:

he doesn't even have 100 poasts. what.a.plebe.

man_utd_4l

Postby man_utd_4l » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:55 pm

I think you should leave it on your resume. Everyone knows that hedge fund frat bros only lawyer up with other frat bros when GDIs like Preet Bharara are gunning for their heads.

cotiger

Postby cotiger » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:56 pm

ITT, Nucky utilizes the superior social skills that frats confer on their members.
Last edited by cotiger on Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nucky

Postby Nucky » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:17 pm

Danger Zone wrote:

Yeah, minus the blindfolds. :lol:

You should change your avatar to Goose.

Nucky

Postby Nucky » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:18 pm

cotiger wrote:ITT, Nucky utilizes the superior social skills that frats confer on their members.

My school only had 1 frat, with only about 10-15 members. They were suuuuuuper awk. Granted, I went to a hippy LAC, but it's tough for me to imagine frat people as some kind of elite crew.

ITT: cot tiger still sucks at life. What's up with your avatar? Were they all out of 'Cats' pics?

cotiger

Postby cotiger » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:25 pm

Last edited by cotiger on Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

stef1330

Postby stef1330 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:29 pm

Nucky, bro I feel you.

Everyone else, if you went to a crappy northern undergrad or some place where fraternity brothers wore cargo shorts and played Yugioh, I don't expect you to think that it would give me a boost. However, at any decent college below the mason Dixon, it gives me a boost. I just asked because I wanted to know whether it would give me a boost specifically in the law school application field.

Also, if you call your fraternity a "frat" your probably one of those cargo bros I was talking about. Don't be a jabroni.

AND Please let's talk calmly? Y'all are flippin out on these message boards.

Captainunaccountable

Postby Captainunaccountable » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:40 pm

stef1330 wrote:Nucky, bro I feel you.

Everyone else, if you went to a crappy northern undergrad or some place where fraternity brothers wore cargo shorts and played Yugioh, I don't expect you to think that it would give me a boost. However, at any decent college below the mason Dixon, it gives me a boost. I just asked because I wanted to know whether it would give me a boost specifically in the law school application field.

Also, if you call your fraternity a "frat" your probably one of those cargo bros I was talking about. Don't be a jabroni.

This is truly beautiful.
Look, you obviously take a lot of pride in being in a fraternity, for whatever reason, so just list it on there. If it's important to you and it is something you want to show the world, as it appears it is, please just tell everyone about it. It's doubtful to do anything that harmful, especially in conjunction with your other supposed activities.

cotiger

Postby cotiger » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:42 pm

Last edited by cotiger on Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

stef1330

Postby stef1330 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:44 pm

cotiger wrote:

I think adcomms are more likely to have backgrounds like "went to a crappy northern undergrad or some place where fraternity brothers wore cargo shorts" than be like nucky. Check out these bios: https://blogs.law.harvard.edu/admission ... view-team/
Bates College, Hamilton College, and a Studio Arts major. I would bet that most places would be the same. I can't imagine it would be particularly significant one way or though, just that I doubt you're going to get many people in these environments who think it's super cool. That being said, if it's important to you, put it.

Dude. I'm applying to UVA...

chingwoo

Postby chingwoo » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:49 pm

Captainunaccountable wrote:

This is truly beautiful.
Look, you obviously take a lot of pride in being in a fraternity, for whatever reason, so just list it on there. If it's important to you and it is something you want to show the world, as it appears it is, please just tell everyone about it. It's doubtful to do anything that harmful, especially in conjunction with your other supposed activities.

I had an interview with U of I and they brought up my grades during pledge semester. They asked why I didn't drop etc. I guess I won't be Tom Cruising anytime soon haha.

cotiger

Postby cotiger » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:50 pm

stef1330 wrote:
cotiger wrote:

I think adcomms are more likely to have backgrounds like "went to a crappy northern undergrad or some place where fraternity brothers wore cargo shorts" than be like nucky. Check out these bios: https://blogs.law.harvard.edu/admission ... view-team/
Bates College, Hamilton College, and a Studio Arts major. I would bet that most places would be the same. I can't imagine it would be particularly significant one way or though, just that I doubt you're going to get many people in these environments who think it's super cool. That being said, if it's important to you, put it.

Dude. I'm applying to UVA...

Dude. Just put it then. It doesn't matter.

(Hopefully you're applying to other schools too..)
Last edited by cotiger on Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nucky

Postby Nucky » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:51 pm

rad lulz wrote:
Nucky wrote:
Captainunaccountable wrote:
Nucky wrote:The ignorance in this thread is amazing. Sorry you guys didn't get bids. There is always TKE.

Maybe if you hadn't posted on TLS 5000 times you would have gotten laid and made a friend by now.

I hate to break it to you, but anyone with boat shoes and a haircut get into a fraternity. In California you probably don't even need the haircut part. Oh, and, being able to drink copious amounts of alcohol will certainly add to you cv. I was actually in one at one point and most of my friends/family are. They're not unique. They continue to talk about it after college as if it is the hallmark of their lives. It's not. They're living in fantasy land because no one cares.

Maybe they continue to discuss it because it was a great part of their lives. While you sat in your dorm room and watched Thundercats some of us actually had a good time.

I'm sorry that some of you are such petty losers that you feel the need to lash out at the guys you emulated in college over the internet. Someone has to be a loser. I'm sorry it was you. Dont take that out on the rest of us and get a life.

BTW, @Mal, "spurious?!" Who the hell speaks that way? Keep typing words in to Microsoft Word and looking up synonyms that allow you to post something semi-intelligible. Maybe you can become a 9000+ poster on TLS one day! Surely the crowning achievement of many of your lives.

The fact that you felt the need to come here to lash out against Greek life, put us all into the same box, and take out your frustrations is quite revealing. You guys are pathetic.

Quit while people still think you're a high functioning autist

Before people begin to think you're just a retard

From a guy with 11000+ posts, that's hilarious. You must have a hell of a tan. Eharmony much?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”