Fraternities/sororities Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
cotiger

Gold

Re: Fraternities/sororities

Post by cotiger » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:56 pm

Nucky wrote: From a guy with 11000+ posts, that's hilarious. You must have a hell of a tan. Eharmony much?
I think someone needs a hug.

C'mere big fella, it's gunna be OK.

Nucky

Silver

Post by Nucky » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:59 pm

cotiger wrote:
Nucky wrote: From a guy with 11000+ posts, that's hilarious. You must have a hell of a tan. Eharmony much?
I think someone needs a hug.

C'mere big fella, it's gunna be OK.
Hugs are nice. I'll take it. But Rad, Goose, Mal and their 25000 posts are still on the shit list.

stef1330

New

Post by stef1330 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:06 pm

cotiger wrote:
stef1330 wrote:
cotiger wrote:
stef1330 wrote:Nucky, bro I feel you.

Everyone else, if you went to a crappy northern undergrad or some place where fraternity brothers wore cargo shorts and played Yugioh, I don't expect you to think that it would give me a boost. However, at any decent college below the mason Dixon, it gives me a boost. I just asked because I wanted to know whether it would give me a boost specifically in the law school application field.

Also, if you call your fraternity a "frat" your probably one of those cargo bros I was talking about. Don't be a jabroni.

AND Please let's talk calmly? Y'all are flippin out on these message boards.
I think adcomms are more likely to have backgrounds like "went to a crappy northern undergrad or some place where fraternity brothers wore cargo shorts" than be like nucky. Check out these bios: https://blogs.law.harvard.edu/admission ... view-team/
Bates College, Hamilton College, and a Studio Arts major. I would bet that most places would be the same. I can't imagine it would be particularly significant one way or though, just that I doubt you're going to get many people in these environments who think it's super cool. That being said, if it's important to you, put it.

Dude. I'm applying to UVA...
Dude. Just put it then. It doesn't matter.

(Hopefully you're applying to other schools too..)
Naw dood go big or go home

ManoftheHour

Gold

Post by ManoftheHour » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:13 pm

lol, who cares? If you don't have anything better to put on your resume, I'd say go for it. If you do, then leave it off and put something else. Either way, it's unlikely to make a difference.

nucky thompson

Bronze

Post by nucky thompson » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:39 pm

Everyone else, if you went to a crappy northern undergrad or some place where fraternity brothers wore cargo shorts and played Yugioh, I don't expect you to think that it would give me a boost. However, at any decent college below the mason Dixon, it gives me a boost. I just asked because I wanted to know whether it would give me a boost specifically in the law school application field.

Also, if you call your fraternity a "frat" your probably one of those cargo bros I was talking about. Don't be a jabroni.

Along with the animal house-type bros, you and your fellow sweater vest bros make me embarrassed to acknowledge fraternity membership. Those in the former think they are better than other people because they drink a lot and break shit. Those, like you, in the latter think they are better because they wear croakies and boat shoes (and shorts without cargo pockets).

sorry brah, but if you're defined by the clothes you wear and the location of your college, then you're likely too insecure to be a true alpha. once you're forced from your fraternity bubble, no longer benefiting from the social protections afforded by it, you'll realize how much of a beta you truly are. don't inflate the importance of your frat membership.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Nucky

Silver

Post by Nucky » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:49 pm

nucky thompson wrote:

Along with the animal house-type bros, you and your fellow sweater vest bros make me embarrassed to acknowledge fraternity membership. Those in the former think they are better than other people because they drink a lot and break shit. Those, like you, in the latter think they are better because they wear croakies and boat shoes (and shorts without cargo pockets).

sorry brah, but if you're defined by the clothes you wear and the location of your college, then you're likely too insecure to be a true alpha. once you're forced from your fraternity bubble, no longer benefiting from the social protections afforded by it, you'll realize how much of a beta you truly are. don't inflate the importance of your frat membership.
Wow, you're more full of shit than the before mentioned folks. Sweater-vest?! wtf?! Lmao.

Without addressing all of your nonsense I have to address the following, "if clothes define who you are," line. Please walk into your interviews in boxers and a tank top and repeat that nonsense.

Wearing cargo shorts doesn't make you a bad person. It's just not something you should wear. Kind of like bolo ties, save Phillip Rivers. Or wide lapels
On your suit, etc.

But hey, keep doing you buddy. Sorry fraternities, in your eyes at least, teach their members to dress properly.
Last edited by Nucky on Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mal Reynolds

Diamond

Post by Mal Reynolds » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:50 pm

Nucky doing his level best to make sure he confirms every negative stereotype held about frats in the span of a few pages.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:52 pm

Was totally confused by the nucky/Nucky Thompson thing going on here. I'm not even sure who I was talking to anymore.

txdude45

Silver

Post by txdude45 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:55 pm

I was with Nucky a few pages ago, but good lord did this dissolve into a shit show.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:58 pm

m
Last edited by rad lulz on Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Danger Zone

Platinum

Post by Danger Zone » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:02 pm

stef1330 wrote:Also, if you call your fraternity a "frat" your probably one of those cargo bros I was talking about. Don't be a jabroni.
YOU WOULDN'T CALL YOUR COUNTRY A CUNT HARDY HAR HAR

Nucky

Silver

Post by Nucky » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:03 pm

TLS try-hards doing what they do best... I may be a dick but you guys are pussies and assholes.

Mal Reynolds

Diamond

Post by Mal Reynolds » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:05 pm

Nucky wrote:TLS try-hards doing what they do best... I may be a dick but you guys are pussies and assholes.
What

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Danger Zone

Platinum

Post by Danger Zone » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:06 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:
Nucky wrote:TLS try-hards doing what they do best... I may be a dick but you guys are pussies and assholes.
What
It's another frat joke about how dicks fuck pussies and assholes.

Nucky

Silver

Post by Nucky » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:07 pm

Danger Zone wrote:
Mal Reynolds wrote:
What
It's another frat joke about how dicks fuck pussies and assholes.
It's not a frat joke, it's from Team America, but at least Goose somewhat gets it.

Danger Zone

Platinum

Post by Danger Zone » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:09 pm

I just assumed frats stole all their jokes from some popular reference anyway but thanks for validating.

Nucky

Silver

Post by Nucky » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:10 pm

Danger Zone wrote:I just assumed frats stole all their jokes from some popular reference anyway but thanks for validating.
Seems like you could use a little validation so I am happy to help.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Nucky

Silver

Post by Nucky » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:11 pm

Jesus, no wonder you guys have thousands of posts. You just stir up shit and voila! I think I doubled my post total in this thread alone.

t-14orbust

Gold

Post by t-14orbust » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:12 pm

Nucky wrote:Jesus, no wonder you guys have thousands of posts. You just stir up shit and voila! I think I doubled my post total in this thread alone.
welcome to TLS

Nucky

Silver

Post by Nucky » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:21 pm

t-14orbust wrote:
Nucky wrote:Jesus, no wonder you guys have thousands of posts. You just stir up shit and voila! I think I doubled my post total in this thread alone.
welcome to TLS
:lol: am I official now?

t-14orbust

Gold

Post by t-14orbust » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:26 pm

Nucky wrote:
t-14orbust wrote:
welcome to TLS
:lol: am I official now?
You participated in an internet fight over something relatively meaningless to LS admissions and largely unhelpful to the OP, so yes :lol:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

midwest17

Gold

Post by midwest17 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:32 pm

nucky thompson

Bronze

Post by nucky thompson » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:33 pm

Nucky wrote:
nucky thompson wrote:

Wow, you're more full of shit than the before mentioned folks. Sweater-vest?! wtf?! Lmao.

Without addressing all of your nonsense I have to address the following, "if clothes define who you are," line. Please walk into your interviews in boxers and a tank top and repeat that nonsense.

Wearing cargo shorts doesn't make you a bad person. It's just not something you should wear. Kind of like bolo ties, save Phillip Rivers. Or wide lapels
On your suit, etc.

But hey, keep doing you buddy. Sorry fraternities, in your eyes at least, teach their members to dress properly.
You're conflating a few issues here, unnecessarily. I know that the clothing I wear will affect the way others perceive me e.g. interviewers will perceive me differently if I wear boxers vs. if i wear a suit. However, just because other people may perceive me differently because of the clothing I wear does not mean that I must define myself by the clothing I wear.

I will wear a suit to an interview and I will wear it well and I will impress the interviewer. However, I do not comment on the clothing I wear. I do not comment on or judge according to the clothing other people wear. Why? Because I know id have to fucking suck as a person if I felt superior to others based primarily on my clothing / good looks.

You don't get this. You are therefore a very small person. You judge people based on their clothing because it allows you to artificially prop yourself up on a pedestal. If the rule is "people who wear cargos < people who do not wear cargos" then you're allowed to believe that you are better than other people in spite of how small and insufferable you are.

stef1330

New

Post by stef1330 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:39 pm

nucky thompson wrote:
Nucky wrote:
nucky thompson wrote:

On your suit, etc.

You're conflating a few issues here, unnecessarily. I know that the clothing I wear will affect the way others perceive me e.g. interviewers will perceive me differently if I wear boxers vs. if i wear a suit. However, just because other people may perceive me differently because of the clothing I wear does not mean that I must define myself by the clothing I wear.

I will wear a suit to an interview and I will wear it well and I will impress the interviewer. However, I do not comment on the clothing I wear. I do not comment on or judge according to the clothing other people wear. Why? Because I know id have to fucking suck as a person if I felt superior to others based primarily on my clothing / good looks.

You don't get this. You are therefore a very small person. You judge people based on their clothing because it allows you to artificially prop yourself up on a pedestal. If the rule is "people who wear cargos < people who do not wear cargos" then you're allowed to believe that you are better than other people in spite of how small and insufferable you are.

Can everyone PLEASE relax? If I knew there would be blood shed I never would have asked , jeez. I still haven't even gotten a solid answer.

And whoever said that I said cargo pant wearers were less than people was wrong. Stop putting words in my mouth. All I said was that if you came from a school where people who wore cargos were in a fraternity and they called that acceptable, it probably wasn't the type of fraternity that I was referring to in bing influential.

Wearing cargos does not make you any less of a human being.

Jeez you people are crazy. Forget this, I'm gonna go study some logic games

Danger Zone

Platinum

Post by Danger Zone » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:44 pm

What frat bros wore cargos? I never saw that. My brethren and I wore only the finest silk spun Brooks Brothers sport coats, salmon trousers, and ascots.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”