C&F Response vs. Addendum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
uncreative

C&F Response vs. Addendum

Postby uncreative » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:37 pm

Long story short, I have a low GPA at the beginning of college, took 10 years off and went back to another school where I did well. My personal statement tells the story in a positive way and I have a short addendum that succinctly, but directly explains my GPA.

On an application I am working on, there are two C&F questions that apply to me that require separate responses: academic probation and interruption of study.

It is redundant to answer both of those but still include the full addendum? The answers are the same, but the addendum which addresses both together tells the full story a lot better.

What's the best way to approach this?

lawschool22

Re: C&F Response vs. Addendum

Postby lawschool22 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:01 pm

uncreative wrote:Long story short, I have a low GPA at the beginning of college, took 10 years off and went back to another school where I did well. My personal statement tells the story in a positive way and I have a short addendum that succinctly, but directly explains my GPA.

On an application I am working on, there are two C&F questions that apply to me that require separate responses: academic probation and interruption of study.

It is redundant to answer both of those but still include the full addendum? The answers are the same, but the addendum which addresses both together tells the full story a lot better.

What's the best way to approach this?

If the probation and interruption of study were due to the same incident, I would just lump them into one addendum, but make it clear you are responding to both "yes" answers in the C&F section.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”