What happens after hit "submit"???

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Oxcart

What happens after hit "submit"???

Postby Oxcart » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:38 pm

First time applicant here...

After applications are submitted via LSAC, and the email is received from LSAC saying the the application has been submitted, what happens next?

Should I expect an email from the school itself with a log-in or website to check the status of the application? How long does that normally take (if that is the case)?

I've searched the forum, and haven't found this specific question... thanks for any info you can provide.

phillywc

Re: What happens after hit "submit"???

Postby phillywc » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:44 pm

Oxcart wrote:First time applicant here...

After applications are submitted via LSAC, and the email is received from LSAC saying the the application has been submitted, what happens next?

Should I expect an email from the school itself with a log-in or website to check the status of the application? How long does that normally take (if that is the case)?

I've searched the forum, and haven't found this specific question... thanks for any info you can provide.

Different schools have different processes. Most will send you an email saying they got your app, and that will contain a status checker (most of the time).

MrsHello

Postby MrsHello » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:44 pm

Someone from the school would send you an email after a few days giving you a link to a status checker. For now, sit tight. Good luck!

Oxcart

Postby Oxcart » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:10 pm

Thanks a lot. I didn't think I would receive something automatically with the volume of apps they are handling this time of the year, but wasn't sure how I would be notified of the status checker site.

phillywc

Postby phillywc » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:22 pm

Oxcart wrote:Thanks a lot. I didn't think I would receive something automatically with the volume of apps they are handling this time of the year, but wasn't sure how I would be notified of the status checker site.

I got most of mine super fast but I applied early. Later in the year I've heard it can take a bit.

DrStudMuffin

Postby DrStudMuffin » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:33 pm

I'm glad you asked this question, and the answer to it is really something else!

In fact, after you hit the "submit" button, several seemingly unrelated, yet critically important things begin to happen. Let me explain:

First, a team of dwarves, who reside under the LSAC building during application season, springs into action.
Riding in sleighs pulled by ferrets of unusual size, they reach a computer terminal, where they then access the LSAC network and intercept your application while it is still in electronic form.
Then, using a special ink derived from oils secreted from the prostate gland of a musk ox, they print your application.
Now that this is finished, things really start to get weird.

Unfortunately I'm out of time for now, but stay tuned to hear what happens next!

phillywc

Postby phillywc » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:34 pm

DrStudMuffin wrote:I'm glad you asked this question, and the answer to it is really something else!

In fact, after you hit the "submit" button, several seemingly unrelated, yet critically important things begin to happen. Let me explain:

First, a team of dwarves, who reside under the LSAC building during application season, springs into action.
Riding in sleighs pulled by ferrets of unusual size, they reach a computer terminal, where they then access the LSAC network and intercept your application while it is still in electronic form.
Then, using a special ink derived from oils secreted from the prostate gland of a musk ox, they print your application.
Now that this is finished, things really start to get weird.

Unfortunately I'm out of time for now, but stay tuned to hear what happens next!

You've said quite enough already.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”