LOR - What is the professor's title?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
amdlv

LOR - What is the professor's title?

Postby amdlv » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:08 pm

Ok, I feel really dumb asking this, but in the box for "title" when I'm adding a recommender what am I supposed to put? Dr., Professor, Doctor?? He is a tenured professor with a PhD.

Also, I'm asking my boss to write one - should I put anything for her title (like employer) or just leave it blank?

Thanks!

midwest17

Re: LOR - What is the professor's title?

Postby midwest17 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:14 pm

amdlv wrote:Ok, I feel really dumb asking this, but in the box for "title" when I'm adding a recommender what am I supposed to put? Dr., Professor, Doctor?? He is a tenured professor with a PhD.

Also, I'm asking my boss to write one - should I put anything for her title (like employer) or just leave it blank?

Thanks!

It doesn't matter. If the person doesn't agree with what you put down I'm pretty sure they can change it.

That said, do Professor for professors, and put your boss's title in the company if she has one (VP, manager, etc).

KingJamesLBJ

Postby KingJamesLBJ » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:48 pm

midwest17 wrote:
amdlv wrote:Ok, I feel really dumb asking this, but in the box for "title" when I'm adding a recommender what am I supposed to put? Dr., Professor, Doctor?? He is a tenured professor with a PhD.

Thanks!

It doesn't matter. If the person doesn't agree with what you put down I'm pretty sure they can change it.

That said, do Professor for professors, and put your boss's title in the company if she has one (VP, manager, etc).

One of my recs did that.

amdlv

Postby amdlv » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:14 pm

Good to know! Thank you both so much :)

appind

Postby appind » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:32 am

midwest17 wrote:

Thanks!

Where does the recommender get an option to change the "title" in the electronic form?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”