(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
hellomellow

Postby hellomellow » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:40 am

Last edited by hellomellow on Thu May 01, 2014 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Philafaler

Re: help please! HYS - to apply this cycle or next

Postby Philafaler » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:45 am

Apply this cycle, and re-apply next time if you don't get in.

hellomellow

Postby hellomellow » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:52 am

Philafaler wrote:Apply this cycle, and re-apply next time if you don't get in.

Does it ever affect you negatively if you reapply to the same school and don't change your application? I don't think I would change my application if I reapplied since I feel that it's solid this time around. I'm just worried about the timing.

Philafaler

Postby Philafaler » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:59 am

Well, if you're accepted it won't matter. If you're rejected, then presumably you didn't present yourself well enough to be accepted, and so you would want to revisit it for the next cycle.

runthetrap

Postby runthetrap » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:28 am

this.

hellomellow wrote:Does it ever affect you negatively if you reapply to the same school and don't change your application? I don't think I would change my application if I reapplied since I feel that it's solid this time around. I'm just worried about the timing.

i find it hard to believe that nothing would change on your application if you were to apply again a year from now. wouldn't you have different / more work experience, new hobbies, or accomplishments / achievements? new ideas and perspectives? anyways, i think, generally speaking, re-applying w a similar (not identical) application won't hurt you.

that said, your numbers are fantastic (even for stanford), and i don't think you should wait until next year to apply, unless you have absolutely no problem waiting another year - in which case i don't see why you're asking this question in the first place. carpe diem

hellomellow

Postby hellomellow » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:38 am

runthetrap wrote:

this.

hellomellow wrote:Does it ever affect you negatively if you reapply to the same school and don't change your application? I don't think I would change my application if I reapplied since I feel that it's solid this time around. I'm just worried about the timing.

i find it hard to believe that nothing would change on your application if you were to apply again a year from now. wouldn't you have different / more work experience, new hobbies, or accomplishments / achievements? new ideas and perspectives? anyways, i think, generally speaking, re-applying w a similar (not identical) application won't hurt you.

that said, your numbers are fantastic (even for stanford), and i don't think you should wait until next year to apply, unless you have absolutely no problem waiting another year - in which case i don't see why you're asking this question in the first place. carpe diem

Thank you for replying :) You're right in terms of the application being slightly different. In my earlier post, I was mostly thinking about my LSAT/GPA. My story would be the same, just generally improved and of course my resume would be updated. It's a bit scary thinking about the difference a few months can make.

I /want/ to apply this year, but I guess I'm a bit nervous about getting into Stanford and I didn't want to hurt my chances in case I have to reapply. It would suck to have to wait another year to finally get started though!

runthetrap

Postby runthetrap » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:07 am

hellomellow wrote:Thank you for replying :) You're right in terms of the application being slightly different. In my earlier post, I was mostly thinking about my LSAT/GPA. My story would be the same, just generally improved and of course my resume would be updated. It's a bit scary thinking about the difference a few months can make.

I /want/ to apply this year, but I guess I'm a bit nervous about getting into Stanford and I didn't want to hurt my chances in case I have to reapply. It would suck to have to wait another year to finally get started though!

if your application is all set to go, there's no point in waiting. one more year won't make you more competitive. good luck!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”