Found a font size mistake in my PS, is it worth to update?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Intella32

Found a font size mistake in my PS, is it worth to update?

Postby Intella32 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:25 am

When I was sending in apps with December score,

I made some last minute changes to my PS, where I copy&pasted a sentence that I liked from my older version of PS.

However, during that time I totally forgot that my older PS was written in 12 font size while my final version was in 11 font.

I proofread once before submitting, but since I was focused on looking for typos, it totally got me from a blind angle that one sentence had a wrong font size.

Now that I look at it, the sentence indeed stands out due to its difference in font size.

I am hoping to hit CN with 169, so I believe I will need all of luck I could get, but I am afraid this font mistake could be fatal.

Since I only submitted the apps only a day ago, and it did not go complete yet, is it worth to contact admissions and update my PS on Monday?

I know either way it will lose points, but not sure which would look worse.

Thanks!

ScottRiqui

Re: Found a font size mistake in my PS, is it worth to update?

Postby ScottRiqui » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:36 am

I'd go ahead and contact them and ask if you could resubmit; I doubt they'll care. I did something similar when I realized that I was a little over one school's length limit. I changed it from 12 point to 11 point and resubmitted it - no big deal.

Intella32

Re: Found a font size mistake in my PS, is it worth to update?

Postby Intella32 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:37 am

ScottRiqui wrote:I'd go ahead and contact them and ask if you could resubmit; I doubt they'll care. I did something similar when I realized that I was a little over one school's length limit. I changed it from 12 point to 11 point and resubmitted it - no big deal.

Thanks. I will contact admissions on Monday and ask if I could update my PS (hopefully they wont mind too much about having 2 copies that looks "almost" identical).

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”