Somewhat dumb question about address update

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Howl

Somewhat dumb question about address update

Postby Howl » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:16 am

I'm moving next week and need to notify law schools of my address change. How does one usually go about this? Do I e-mail the admissions committee directly? Do I change the "Permanent Address" on LSAC (do they even get an update when I do this?)? Do I do both?

Please help out if you know the answer :P Thanks in advance for your time!

rinkrat19

Re: Somewhat dumb question about address update

Postby rinkrat19 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:24 am

Both. But at this point, probably the law schools admissions offices are the more important.

Howl

Postby Howl » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:07 am

thanks for the tip!

SPerez

Postby SPerez » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:17 am

Once you apply to a school, your information in your LSAC account doesn't matter. (And even before, schools don't automatically receive changes. They would have to re-download your information.)

The contact info from the application you submitted is what the school will use so you need to update all the schools with the new information. I would start with the general email address for the admissions office, not the dean or anyone on the admissions committee.

Dean Perez

KingJamesLBJ

Postby KingJamesLBJ » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:50 pm

I just moved as well. I changed my address on LSAC. I have not started sending out apps, but will i never get that mail that was mailed to me? I never forwarded my mail because i still don't have a permanent address. My mail is supposedly being held by USPS but they said they trash bulk mail. I believe the majority of mail from law schools is bulk mail. Once i submit my applications, will schools get the new address i put on LSAC?

SPerez

Postby SPerez » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:00 am

KingJamesLBJ wrote:I just moved as well. I changed my address on LSAC. I have not started sending out apps, but will i never get that mail that was mailed to me? I never forwarded my mail because i still don't have a permanent address. My mail is supposedly being held by USPS but they said they trash bulk mail. I believe the majority of mail from law schools is bulk mail. Once i submit my applications, will schools get the new address i put on LSAC?

[quote="SPerez"]Once you apply to a school, your information in your LSAC account doesn't matter. (...) The contact info from the application you submitted is what the school will use so you need to update all the schools with the new information.[/quote

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”