Turnaround

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
lawapp2014
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:46 pm

Turnaround

Postby lawapp2014 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:26 pm

I just submitted my applications and how long it usually takes to hear back. I just applied to most of the T14 schools today with a 170/3.89 GPA, if that makes any difference at all.

lawapp2014
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:46 pm

Re: Turnaround

Postby lawapp2014 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:46 pm

Anyone? :D

User avatar
rpupkin
Posts: 3864
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:32 pm

Re: Turnaround

Postby rpupkin » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:50 pm

So long as you don't submit an LSAT addendum, most schools will get back to you in 5 to 10 business days.

lawapp2014
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:46 pm

Re: Turnaround

Postby lawapp2014 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:51 pm

I didn't submit an LSAT addendum, but just curious as to how that delays a decision?

User avatar
rpupkin
Posts: 3864
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:32 pm

Re: Turnaround

Postby rpupkin » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:56 pm

lawapp2014 wrote:I didn't submit an LSAT addendum, but just curious as to how that delays a decision?

At most (but not all law) law schools, LSAT addenda are forwarded to a special sub-committee charged with deciding how many points to add to the applicant's score in order to compensate for lack of sleep, head colds, construction outside the testing center, and the untimely death of grandparents. Depending on the school, this review takes anywhere from four to eight weeks.

lawapp2014
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:46 pm

Re: Turnaround

Postby lawapp2014 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:00 pm

I see. I was going to write one - now I'm glad I didn't.

drevo
Posts: 280
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:49 pm

Re: Turnaround

Postby drevo » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:28 pm

http://mylsn.info/whenwilliknow.php

This is assuming you are asking when you will have a decision and not just the school emailing you letting you know they received all the materials, etc.

User avatar
BLUERUFiO
Posts: 149
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:46 pm

Re: Turnaround

Postby BLUERUFiO » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:48 pm

drevo wrote:http://mylsn.info/whenwilliknow.php

This is assuming you are asking when you will have a decision and not just the school emailing you letting you know they received all the materials, etc.

Awesome link share, thanks!

drevo
Posts: 280
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:49 pm

Re: Turnaround

Postby drevo » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:55 pm

BLUERUFiO wrote:
drevo wrote:http://mylsn.info/whenwilliknow.php

This is assuming you are asking when you will have a decision and not just the school emailing you letting you know they received all the materials, etc.

Awesome link share, thanks!


No problem! I've looked at that thing so often I'm pretty sure I have the graphs of the schools I am applying to memorized :lol:




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media and 4 guests