Addendums, Quick Question! Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
itsallgoodman

New

Addendums, Quick Question!

Post by itsallgoodman » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:56 pm

One school asks to explain any significant difference in LSAT scores. In 2012 I took the June LSAT without studying much and got a 157, retook in October (while studying abroad) and got a 159. I decided to hold off for a year and took the LSAT in October and got a 163. Does this justify an explanation?

Also, I got a speeding ticket and a diversion for it. For apps that make me disclose this do I need to say anything besides that, obviously stated in a better way?

Thanks!

txdude45

Silver

Re: Addendums, Quick Question!

Post by txdude45 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:49 pm

itsallgoodman wrote:One school asks to explain any significant difference in LSAT scores. In 2012 I took the June LSAT without studying much and got a 157, retook in October (while studying abroad) and got a 159. I decided to hold off for a year and took the LSAT in October and got a 163. Does this justify an explanation?

Also, I got a speeding ticket and a diversion for it. For apps that make me disclose this do I need to say anything besides that, obviously stated in a better way?

Thanks!
I don't think you really need to explain 157->159---->163. I think it'll be pretty clear that you just got better at the test. If you write an addendum, say something about how you didn't give yourself the best chance to study effectively and perform to the best of your ability. Not a lie, but a much better restatement of the truth that you didn't study.

For the C&F thing, that is basically all you ned to say. "On [date] I got a ticket for [speeding/going __ in a __]. I opted for diversion have completed [whatever progress you've made in it]." I realize this was a mistake and [idk, I'm not great at this]."

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”