155 LSAT and LSAC GPA 3.5 Engineering student need advice

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
rkemfl

155 LSAT and LSAC GPA 3.5 Engineering student need advice

Postby rkemfl » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:58 am

I am engineering student with double major in undergrad in Mechanical engineering and Robotics Engineering. I also finished my 5-year program with master degree in Fire Protection Engineering.
My major GPA is 3.9. (1 B others are A). This will be in my resume. I believe it will be in in my LOR from advisor.
I have intern experience in Fire and Safety Code and Regulation company (NFPA) in US.
I scored LAT 155 while my practice LSAT score 163~165 normally...
This should not be excuses, but my fiance (who went out with me for 4 years and promised to marriage) broke up with me a week before the exam because she got into Goldman Sach. I was depressed and sick. I never knew she was like that...
I don't know this should be addendum since I look like a idiot for screwing exam for this reason.

Well anyway I want advice. My interest area is more on civil advocates, labor, safety regulation, and criminal laws relating to fire. However someone told me that I have more chances with Intelectual Property law with low LSAT score. What should I put as interest?

I would have applied next year cycle if I can, with better LSAT score, however I am international student (Korean) who has to apply for the school and get in to any kind.

Any thoughts on where can I get in, or should I apply?
Should I add addenum for the true story..?

TigerDude

Re: 155 LSAT and LSAC GPA 3.5 Engineering student need advice

Postby TigerDude » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:47 pm

Your GPA is 3.5. That's it. Everything else will not really allow you to over-perform your scores. There is no "true story" other than what you have and where you are. Your LSAT is what it is. You chose to take the test one time and late in the cycle.

So you need to look at mylsn with 3.5 and 155 to see where you should apply.

The schools aren't really going to care about your interest. The conventional wisdom on here is that you probably shouldn't go to law school.

Good luck and Godspeed.

mach9zero

Postby mach9zero » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:25 pm

You're in a tough spot, my advice would be retake in February (you need to register now) and study your ass off to get yourself in a better position, hopefully 160+. Other than that, you're going to get yourself stuck into debt that will be impossible to pay off with no job prospects.

notalobbyist

Postby notalobbyist » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:26 pm

Sorry to hear about your fiance, that's really the shittiest.

You need to retake, get a score that qualifies you for scholarship, and get a good woman in that order.

You can do it, best of luck.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”