LSAT Addendum Necessary?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
albatross92

LSAT Addendum Necessary?

Postby albatross92 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:29 am

GPA: 4.0
LSATs: cancel, 160, 169.

I already reached the 3 tests in 2 years limit. Believe me, I'm not thrilled with the last score. I have severe test anxiety issues, and I thought I did my best in calming them this last time - perhaps I did, but I'm hoping for at least some acceptances from the lower T-14 (maybe Chicago, possibly), and was wondering if an addendum attempting to explain any discrepancy in my LSAT scores was necessary.

Thanks!

paperrev

Re: LSAT Addendum Necessary?

Postby paperrev » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:05 am

OMG you and I have VERY similar stats. Only your GPA is higher and your first (the 2nd test) LSAT score is lower.... DAMN YOU COMPETITOR!!!!! :twisted:

EDIT: In response to your question though, from what I've heard, the rule of thumb is that an addendum is needed only when your score has a +10 difference... I think you might be safe without one???

bp shinners

Re: LSAT Addendum Necessary?

Postby bp shinners » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:13 pm

paperrev wrote:from what I've heard, the rule of thumb is that an addendum is needed only when your score has a +10 difference

You should write one if there's an actual explanation and/or the school asks, specifically, for one. Sounds like this is just a "more prep" case, so I'd skip it.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”