LSAT ADDENDUM. Should I write it?!? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Western28

New

LSAT ADDENDUM. Should I write it?!?

Post by Western28 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:41 pm

I'm stuck on whether I should do an addendum. When I took my first LSAT we started almost 3 hours later because the proctors forgot about the exam and I just started medication for certain medical issues. The second time they switched my medications, but we started on time and my LSAT jumped by 8 points. My degree is in paralegal studies, which I did well in and my GPA is 3.59. I did very well at work, received multiple awards, and volunteered a lot of my time. I want to explain to them that on the second time it was a little different, but I was still taking medication, just different ones. Should I write the addendum?

rpupkin

Platinum

Re: LSAT ADDENDUM. Should I write it?!?

Post by rpupkin » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:08 pm

Western28 wrote:I'm stuck on whether I should do an addendum. When I took my first LSAT we started almost 3 hours later because the proctors forgot about the exam and I just started medication for certain medical issues. The second time they switched my medications, but we started on time and my LSAT jumped by 8 points. My degree is in paralegal studies, which I did well in and my GPA is 3.59. I did very well at work, received multiple awards, and volunteered a lot of my time. I want to explain to them that on the second time it was a little different, but I was still taking medication, just different ones. Should I write the addendum?
Do not write an addendum. It sounds like you have a lot of nice softs that make you sound like a poised, successful person. Why undo that impression with an I-scored-low-on-my-first-lsat-because-my-doctors-couldn't-get-my-medication-right addendum?

leroyjenkins6969

New

Post by leroyjenkins6969 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:17 pm

rpupkin wrote:
Western28 wrote:I'm stuck on whether I should do an addendum. When I took my first LSAT we started almost 3 hours later because the proctors forgot about the exam and I just started medication for certain medical issues. The second time they switched my medications, but we started on time and my LSAT jumped by 8 points. My degree is in paralegal studies, which I did well in and my GPA is 3.59. I did very well at work, received multiple awards, and volunteered a lot of my time. I want to explain to them that on the second time it was a little different, but I was still taking medication, just different ones. Should I write the addendum?
Do not write an addendum. It sounds like you have a lot of nice softs that make you sound like a poised, successful person. Why undo that impression with an I-scored-low-on-my-first-lsat-because-my-doctors-couldn't-get-my-medication-right addendum?
I agree. Don't write one for this.

bp shinners

Gold

Post by bp shinners » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:01 pm

leroyjenkins6969 wrote:
rpupkin wrote:
I agree. Don't write one for this.
The alternative is to classify it as a misdiagnosed medical issue that was later corrected, if you want to write the addendum. However, I probably wouldn't do it unless the school requires it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”