Updated Transcripts Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
mont4620

New

Updated Transcripts

Post by mont4620 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:38 pm

If I send an updated transcript to LSAC, do they automatically pass that on to every school I've applied to, or do I need to do something else to request it?

inlovewithpiper

Bronze

Re: Updated Transcripts

Post by inlovewithpiper » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:41 pm

mont4620 wrote:If I send an updated transcript to LSAC, do they automatically pass that on to every school I've applied to, or do I need to do something else to request it?
I believe the conventional advice is that schools will receive an updated file automatically from LSAC, but that a simple email to the admissions offices at the schools to which you have already applied in order to let them know of the update is a nice professional courtesy.

mont4620

New

Post by mont4620 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:24 pm

inlovewithpiper wrote:
mont4620 wrote:If I send an updated transcript to LSAC, do they automatically pass that on to every school I've applied to, or do I need to do something else to request it?
I believe the conventional advice is that schools will receive an updated file automatically from LSAC, but that a simple email to the admissions offices at the schools to which you have already applied in order to let them know of the update is a nice professional courtesy.
Thanks! My new grades are good, so I like the idea of sending the courtesy email now while the transcript is being processed. Are you sure that admissions officers won't find the extra email annoying? Or is that a pretty typical thing to do?

inlovewithpiper

Bronze

Post by inlovewithpiper » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:32 pm

mont4620 wrote:
inlovewithpiper wrote:
Thanks! My new grades are good, so I like the idea of sending the courtesy email now while the transcript is being processed. Are you sure that admissions officers won't find the extra email annoying? Or is that a pretty typical thing to do?
I've read posts from people who have sent an email to adcoms about a missing comma in the personal statement.

I'd say the extra email in your case is more than appropriate.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”